Wonder if Laura Jarrett and Alisyn Camerota will be continuing with the 10pm/12am slot after the midterms.

In terms of empty slots Berman and Keilar could fill: Early Start alongside Christine Romans, Poppy Harlow's ex-morning Newsroom slot, Alisyn Camerota's afternoon Newsroom slot alongside Victor Blackwell. The latter dependent on whether Camerota stays at 10pm or not. And imo, Early Start, despite having been the newsiest slot of all throughout the past few years, should really be scrapped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • Newsroom

(05-11-2022, 08:30 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Wonder if Laura Jarrett and Alisyn Camerota will be continuing with the 10pm/12am slot after the midterms.

In terms of empty slots Berman and Keilar could fill: Early Start alongside Christine Romans, Poppy Harlow's ex-morning Newsroom slot, Alisyn Camerota's afternoon Newsroom slot alongside Victor Blackwell. The latter dependent on whether Camerota stays at 10pm or not. And imo, Early Start, despite having been the newsiest slot of all throughout the past few years, should really be scrapped.
Think you’ve gotten your Lauras mixed up there. Jarrett is on maternity and Coates was doing well at 9pm when filling in for Tapper so she could well move to 9pm permanently. 

I’d hate to see Alisyn demoted to Early Start, she’s an awesome anchor.

This displacement of anchors has left Licht with quite a puzzle to solve. With more heads to roll it makes you wonder if he’ll let a few ‘floating anchors’ go.

(05-11-2022, 08:40 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(05-11-2022, 08:30 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Wonder if Laura Jarrett and Alisyn Camerota will be continuing with the 10pm/12am slot after the midterms.

Think you’ve gotten your Lauras mixed up there. Jarrett is on maternity and Coates was doing well at 9pm when filling in for Tapper so she could well move to 9pm permanently. 

I’d hate to see Alisyn demoted to Early Start, she’s an awesome anchor.

This displacement of anchors has left Licht with quite a puzzle to solve. With more heads to roll it makes you wonder if he’ll let a few ‘floating anchors’ go.

Oh my bad. I was under the impression that Laura Jarrett from Early Start got promoted to CNN Tonight

I can't see Alisyn moving to Early Start as one of the reasons why she moved on from New Day from what I remember and read was that she wanted to move away from doing early mornings if I'm correct rather than being forced out of that slot. I'd kept her in 10pm and move Laura Coates to 9pm, she has been excellent whenever I have watched her and would rightly deserve a full time prime time slot.

Staying on current CNN stuff, Jim Sciutto has returned back on air this week which presumably means he has served whatever punishment he got and the matter is now closed.

(04-11-2022, 10:38 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  According to the schedule on CNN's website, the weekend edition of New Day will be called... CNN This Morning Weekend.

Also, looking at the schedule got me thinking that Bianca and Max's new pairing/slot could be easily extended on CNNi to replace Early Start (of if we keep dreaming, be moved earlier in the day and expanded to a full European Breakfast show)...

Interesting idea. But that would mean an additional hour for an already strapped team. You may not realize this, but it's a single team handling all overnight hours ,while there are few diff teams during the day.

And Domestic has a ridiculous number of teams. Every anchor or anchor pairing has a different show team there. Not the case at International -- where a single team handles a range of different shows.

Saw a clip of This Morning weekend on YouTube and after the fantastic studio used by weekday the weekend one ruins it by going to split location. Why they don’t just change it so a nyc based anchor does it from New York is beyond me it would give the show the same feeling as the weekday one (fast paced fast views) where as weekend feels slow and drags
[-] The following 5 users Like Tvfanboy's post:
  • bkman1990, ginnyfan, Jeff, Newsroom, Talkover

(06-11-2022, 11:54 AM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  Saw a clip of This Morning weekend on YouTube and after the fantastic studio used by weekday the weekend one ruins it by going to split location. Why they don’t just change it so a nyc based anchor does it from New York is beyond me it would give the show the same feeling as the weekday one (fast paced fast views) where as weekend feels slow and drags

It's just a joke at this stage and with the recent appointment of Amara Walker as permanent anchor to the show, I wouldn't hold your breath about it vacating Atlanta anytime soon. The show is unwatchable in its current format, they had the perfect opportunity to do something with the launch of 'CNN This Morning'. I guess there is still hope once the studio in New York is finished. 

Also, why on earth Boris Sanchez wasn't sent to Atlanta this  weekend and Jim Acosta was is just baffling. Acosta was perched on the roof of CNN's headquarters with no in person guests. It brought nothing to his Newsroom shows whatsoever. Georgia, Atlanta is a major key state, usually always embroiled in drama so it would have made perfect sense for Boris to have joined Amara.

(06-11-2022, 07:25 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  
(04-11-2022, 10:38 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  According to the schedule on CNN's website, the weekend edition of New Day will be called... CNN This Morning Weekend.

Also, looking at the schedule got me thinking that Bianca and Max's new pairing/slot could be easily extended on CNNi to replace Early Start (of if we keep dreaming, be moved earlier in the day and expanded to a full European Breakfast show)...

Interesting idea. But that would mean an additional hour for an already strapped team. You may not realize this, but it's a single team handling all overnight hours ,while there are few diff teams during the day.

And Domestic has a ridiculous number of teams. Every anchor or anchor pairing has a different show team there. Not the case at International -- where a single team handles a range of different shows.

Which team handles the new (or actually the reinstatement) of Max's half-hour later in the morning?

(06-11-2022, 01:20 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(06-11-2022, 11:54 AM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  Saw a clip of This Morning weekend on YouTube and after the fantastic studio used by weekday the weekend one ruins it by going to split location. Why they don’t just change it so a nyc based anchor does it from New York is beyond me it would give the show the same feeling as the weekday one (fast paced fast views) where as weekend feels slow and drags

It's just a joke at this stage and with the recent appointment of Amara Walker as permanent anchor to the show, I wouldn't hold your breath about it vacating Atlanta anytime soon. The show is unwatchable in its current format, they had the perfect opportunity to do something with the launch of 'CNN This Morning'. I guess there is still hope once the studio in New York is finished. 

Also, why on earth Boris Sanchez wasn't sent to Atlanta this  weekend and Jim Acosta was is just baffling. Acosta was perched on the roof of CNN's headquarters with no in person guests. It brought nothing to his Newsroom shows whatsoever. Georgia, Atlanta is a major key state, usually always embroiled in drama so it would have made perfect sense for Boris to have joined Amara.

CNN This Morning Weekend would look quite nice in Studio 7. It's a bit of a shame to have not at least launched the weekend edition in one location. Even the Berman/Keilar split-screen New Day version was launched with both anchors in the same studio.

Also looks like Amara and Boris still have to show up after the breakfast show on Saturdays to host a generic Newsroom edition at 10am ET.

They need to stop pairing anchors from different locations. If you want a permanent slot, as part of a team, you gotta move! If not, ok, there's 10 other anchors waiting for the opportunity.

(06-11-2022, 01:44 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  
(06-11-2022, 07:25 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  Interesting idea.  But that would mean an additional hour for an already strapped team.  You may not realize this, but it's a single team handling all overnight hours ,while there are few diff teams during the day. 

And Domestic has a ridiculous number of teams.  Every anchor or anchor pairing has a different show team there.  Not the case at International -- where a single team handles a range of different shows.

Which team handles the new (or actually the reinstatement) of Max's half-hour later in the morning?

(06-11-2022, 01:20 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  It's just a joke at this stage and with the recent appointment of Amara Walker as permanent anchor to the show, I wouldn't hold your breath about it vacating Atlanta anytime soon. The show is unwatchable in its current format, they had the perfect opportunity to do something with the launch of 'CNN This Morning'. I guess there is still hope once the studio in New York is finished. 

CNN This Morning Weekend would look quite nice in Studio 7. It's a bit of a shame to have not at least launched the weekend edition in one location. Even the Berman/Keilar split-screen New Day version was launched with both anchors in the same studio.

Also looks like Amara and Boris still have to show up after the breakfast show on Saturdays to host a generic Newsroom edition at 10am ET.
One would assume it's London knowing that it along with NYC and Techwood are utilising entirely IP to operate production. CNN now has back up operations at three locations whereas that was not the case 18 months ago being entirely reliant on Atlanta and ageing technology.