BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

In Ben’s case, it’s probably simply that he doesn’t want to move to Salford, so has applied for a job in London (which just so happens to be the NC).

Although they say he will continue with network, it’s likely a couple of permanent positions will be created in Salford for “One presenters”, and Ben (possibly others who have indicated they’d be interested) will travel up for the One if/when needed for a day or two - probably as cover when the main presenters take holiday. There is precedent for this, of course. Susannah Reid never lived in Salford when she presented Breakfast there, and she was open about going back and forth on the train.

Just one reason why the fragmentation of the news department, in my view, is silly and not cost effective.
[-] The following 9 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Chud, James, matthieu1221, MLehon, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(01-02-2024, 06:53 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Three new chief presenters have been appointed for the news channel - Annita McVeigh, Ben Brown, and Geeta Guru-Murthy

x.com 

I wonder if the immensely talented Martine Croxall, Karin Giannone & Kasia Madera will fill the presenter/ reporter roles? This saga has went on for far too long & I hope to see them back on air soon, or to meaningful pastures new.
[-] The following 8 users Like Bazinga's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, BlightyExPat, interestednovice, Jayesyn, MLehon, oscillon, UTVLifer

(02-02-2024, 11:42 AM)Bazinga Wrote:  I wonder if the immensely talented Martine Croxall, Karin Giannone & Kasia Madera will fill the presenter/ reporter roles? This saga has went on for far too long & I hope to see them back on air soon, or to meaningful pastures new.
It's possible that one of these individuals may become a presenter for the One. Depends whether any of them live near Salford. I can't imagine the BBC wanting to pay for daily commutes from London to Salford, though I'm sure that'll occasionally happen.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(02-02-2024, 11:42 AM)Bazinga Wrote:  I wonder if the immensely talented Martine Croxall, Karin Giannone & Kasia Madera will fill the presenter/ reporter roles? This saga has went on for far too long & I hope to see them back on air soon, or to meaningful pastures new.

I hope they will be back in some capacity, their experience and warmth is what the channel badly needs!
[-] The following 6 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, BlightyExPat, fatal paper cut, MLehon, Roger Darthwell

Not sure what the point of the Breaking News pushback is. Looks nice, but it’s already got a strap.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 7 users Like Moz's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, mouseboy33, oscillon, UTVLifer

And the News Channel is taking World News America at 10pm due to the breaking news.
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, chrisherald, Chud, interestednovice, UTVLifer

Can't help but think they've just thrown every graphic they can on screen here, does look a tad messy

[-] The following 2 users Like arbrax's post:
  • chrisherald, Daveuk

Left side of desk unfurled. Also, no ‘Live’ graphic coming from the Washington coverage so far tonight, just location names.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chud's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon, UTVLifer

That's a really great set, a good example how you can make a small space always look different and interesting.

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, qwerty123, UTVLifer

Hard to tell in that cap but have they managed to update the BBC logo on the set?