TNT Sports

I realise I seem to be the only one posting in this thread, but just one more from last week...

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

the 'energy waves' (as I believe UEFA call them) on the front of the desk are grey, instead of green. That's because the front of the desk has LED panels, and if they displayed any green on it, it would end up keying the background image through it.

They were correctly displaying orange for the UEL match:
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 3 users Like thegeek's post:
  • Medianext.MX, RhysJR, Stockland Hillman

(09-12-2023, 02:52 PM)thegeek Wrote:  up.metropol247.co.uk 

up.metropol247.co.uk 
some variations in furnishings today:
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

as it says in Lawrence's tweet, they're in a different studio:
twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • RhysJR, Stockland Hillman

As of today, every tweet from their accounts had a secondary tweet like the below added advertising Discovey+. A bit annoying when scrolling through and you get random tweets promoting Discovery+ every so often.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(13-01-2024, 07:11 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  As of today, every tweet from their accounts had a secondary tweet like the below added advertising Discovey+. A bit annoying when scrolling through and you get random tweets promoting Discovery+ every so often.

x.com 

They’ve been doing it since August on their Football accounts. Quite annoying on Champions League nights when goals are going in left right and centre.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • RhysJR

(09-12-2023, 02:52 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Both studios in use today at Stockley Park today, for the cricket and the rugby:

up.metropol247.co.uk 
up.metropol247.co.uk 

up.metropol247.co.uk 
up.metropol247.co.uk 
up.metropol247.co.uk 
up.metropol247.co.uk 

(13-01-2024, 06:06 PM)thegeek Wrote:  some variations in furnishings today:
up.metropol247.co.uk 
up.metropol247.co.uk 

as it says in Lawrence's tweet, they're in a different studio:
twitter.com 

That's the roughest looked green screen studio I've seen in a long time. I know modern unreal engine based keying and Virtual set work Is more forgiving of flaws that previous generations, but still. Where is that studio?

TNT Sports will now be used as WBD's corporate brand for sports properties globally, following up on the UK rebrand and the implementation of the CGH brand in the US:

www.hollywoodreporter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • RhysJR

Warsaw for the rugby, Stockholm for the cricket.

looks like they've borrowed one of Eurosport Sweden's desks this time:

pbs.twimg.com 
Web Image

twitter.com 

Aren't the UK studios only a few months old?

Is there a knock on effect for broadcasts in Sweden/Poland?

Desks on sport broadcasts just make it look too formal and stuffy, I remember back in the day when bbc sport used to do outside broadcasts and take their massive desk with them, it just looked very formal really then sky came along with their tiny little circle table which I thought was loads better.

Depends how nice the desk is really - sometimes having a desk to hide behind can make the pundits relax a bit.

Who is the presenter?