Well I think it's clear that's the case for both Richard and Becky. They relocated but are still very much connected to London, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Becky's doing CTW and other shows from the Climate change summit this week so this might be the last of these on location presentation gigs for now.

I can't imagine any more simulcasts of domestic on CNNI, it's already bad, anything more would be a disaster. But, if it has to happen, I hope it's One World that gets replaced. They aired Inside Politics in that slot most of the time, last few years, anyway.

I hope I haven't offended anyone as that certainly wasn't the intent but the point I wanted to try and get across is that we can't assume all travel is necessarily for work purposes
[-] The following 4 users Like excel99's post:
  • cam, EastCoast, ginnyfan, Newsroom

(07-11-2022, 08:40 PM)excel99 Wrote:  I hope I haven't offended anyone as that certainly wasn't the intent but the point I wanted to try and get across is that we can't assume all travel is necessarily for work purposes
Not at all! 

Being a bit of an aviation geek and frequent flyer with status on a few carriers - getting moved to is pretty common.

I'm sure the majority of talent at CNN have either been given status or earned it through extensive travel. I know for sure some airlines gift talent with status that would almost certainly land someone in J class (up front) if space permitted. 

Take a peek around social media, you can see who's sat up front and aren't shy of posting pics! 

Without mentioning names, there are people from many networks living and working in NYC that get to use 'Blade' to fly back and forth the Hamptons, Miami etc... in return for social media posts of course! All part of the game.

From my prospective, if they are going to cut International then I think One World is going to be the first to go. I can't see how going from Connect The World to One World makes any sense to me. Apart from maybe a more African prospective on One World, I don't see much difference and it gets ruined when they slap a 15 min sponsored programme on the end of it.

I also can't see one of Quest Means Business or First Move surviving if they are looking for cuts either. Maybe more likely that First Move goes in exchange for keeping Richard Quest.

I suspect as long as Amanpour wants to keep going then they'll protect that show, it's one of the only shows that gets kept when International goes to Domestic on Breaking News and it a critical show to PBS in America so it'll be more difficult to get rid of that one.

What about World Sport? I haven't seen that mentioned, I do think they show it quite a lot and I do wonder how it will be impacted when the cuts happen. Not sure about this one but I think it'll be affected in some form.

(07-11-2022, 08:58 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  From my prospective, if they are going to cut International then I think One World is going to be the first to go. I can't see how going from Connect The World to One World makes any sense to me. Apart from maybe a more African prospective on One World, I don't see much difference and it gets ruined when they slap a 15 min sponsored programme on the end of it.

I also can't see one of Quest Means Business or First Move surviving if they are looking for cuts either. Maybe more likely that First Move goes in exchange for keeping Richard Quest.

I suspect as long as Amanpour wants to keep going then they'll protect that show, it's one of the only shows that gets kept when International goes to Domestic on Breaking News and it a critical show to PBS in America so it'll be more difficult to get rid of that one.

What about World Sport? I haven't seen that mentioned, I do think they show it quite a lot and I do wonder how it will be impacted when the cuts happen. Not sure about this one but I think it'll be affected in some form.
Beat me to it. First Move and QMB can't both survive this and I see no reason why Quest will lose his slot. Chatterley on the other hand - well her show kind of sticks out like a sore thumb as much as One World.

If I were cutting at Domestic then it would sadly be Ana Cabrera's hour. For some reason and since his 'slip up', I can't envisage Jim Scuitto surviving in that slot. He seems very subdued since he's back. I think someone said pretty much the same thing a few pages back. The whole co-anhoring from different cities is hideous so I won't be weeping should that come to an end for any show.

What did Scuitto do to get suspended?

(07-11-2022, 10:06 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  What did Scuitto do to get suspended?
Unclear, but I’m sure the answer to your question is out there somewhere. It’s certainly not as clear cut as Jeffrey Toobin’s ‘slip up’.

(07-11-2022, 10:06 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  What did Scuitto do to get suspended?

Reportedly a serious fall when covering the initial stages of the Ukraine invasion, but over time it became clear it was a breach of CNN practices and standards. Still, the exact cause is unknown.

deadline.com 

Given all the sponsored filler on World Sport, I'd imagine it being pretty safe from the cuts. Maybe a cut in the number of live editions though. More replays wouldn't change too much anyway. It's not like there is much Breaking News in the world of sports especially when 1/2 of the program is from Living Golf and the like.

(07-11-2022, 11:44 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  Given all the sponsored filler on World Sport, I'd imagine it being pretty safe from the cuts. Maybe a cut in the number of live editions though. More replays wouldn't change too much anyway. It's not like there is much Breaking News in the world of sports especially when 1/2 of the program is from Living Golf and the like.

Over the last few weeks, there have been six or seven different people presenting World Sport. Alex and Amanda in London, Don, Patrick, Coy and Andy in the US. You also have Christina in London.

As I type this, I realise that I may not have seen Don so there's a chance I may not be correct! But, my point is, there are probably too many anchors!

Worls Cup coming up though.