The TV Gameshow Thread

Jason Manford to host new BBC One daytime show The Answer Run.

www.bbc.co.uk 

(12-02-2024, 07:05 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  twitter.com 

Apparently a trailer for Saturday's episode of Limitless Win contained a bank amount so the suspense was ruined.

Well yes and no as that amount would have changed if they got it right. Showing £1.25m in the bank would have been a bigger spoiler if it had happened.

Rather remarkable coinidence on Mastermind tonight.

All players finished on the same score of 20 points. Two were tied third on the tie-breaker of number of passes, with the other two going to a tiebreaker. Must be a very rare feat for all to be tied, Clive said "unprecedented" but no sure how literal he was being.

www.tvzoneuk.com 

Didn't think much of this but it rated well enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • Gary Baldy

(13-02-2024, 11:11 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  www.tvzoneuk.com 

Didn't think much of this but it rated well enough.

Hopefully they can tighten things up for the second series - I think that was a major part in how it lacked for me.

I would also agree that is quite harsh from the !% play along game

x.com 

That's why I never agreed the show needed an app.

"Rovers and Ravers" was marked correct for me. The app is usually very good at giving alternate ways of typing as correct.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • iloveTV1

(17-02-2024, 10:50 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  "Rovers and Ravers" was marked correct for me. The app is usually very good at giving alternate ways of typing as correct.

I literally just wrote “Rovers Ravers” and it marked it as correct
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • bilky asko

I noticed the applause used during the credits of The Jonathan Ross Show is actually canned, and they’ve been using the same one for at least 3 series now. Family Fortunes has been doing the same and it’s way more noticeable.

Are there any more shows guilty of this and why do they do it?