The Apprentice

(22-02-2024, 07:44 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Lucky escape there really given the controversy that followed.
Yes and also with some stuff looming over Branson I doubt he'd be in with a chance in future

Besides, he seems too gentle, more Sargent Wilson to Sugar's Captain Mainwaring
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • XIII

The BBC and Fremantle had a lucky escape not hiring Philip Green for The Apprentice.

I think Lord Sugar's replacement should be younger but how much younger, I don't know.

(22-02-2024, 10:09 PM)XIII Wrote:  The BBC and Fremantle had a lucky escape not hiring Philip Green for The Apprentice.

I think Lord Sugar's replacement should be younger but how much younger, I don't know.
Younger then when he started or younger than he is now? I’d have thought that latter would be a given.

In reality, considering how many years it’s been on, I could imagine any new replacement for Lord Sugar aired, it’d last one series, as at probably close to having run it’s course
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Brekkie

(22-02-2024, 10:36 PM)Andrew Wrote:  In reality, considering how many years it’s been on, I could imagine any new replacement for Lord Sugar aired, it’d last one series, as at probably close to having run it’s course

Not really sure what you are basing this on, it’s well over 6 million viewers this series and has actually increased week on week so far this year. It also performs extraordinarily well amongst 16-34 year olds, a demographic the BBC desperately needs to reach.

Whilst it’s clearly more of a reality show now than a business show, it’s adapted to a modern audience incredibly successfully whilst retaining the broad idea of the show.

I think Karen is certainly a good suggestion when Lord Sugar does stand down, but there’s certainly still life in the format left when he does.

The obligatory 'first ever' twist this week was a bit crap wasn't it?

The losing PM selected 2 candidates to stay with him in the board room. As usual, the other candidates were then dismissed and the remaining 3 were sent back to the waiting area.

Sugar then phoned the receptionist and asked her to get back all the candidates he had dismissed, so they all returned to the boardroom.

He then hardly spoke to anyone except the 3 candidates he would have spoken to anyway, and 'fired' 2 of them.

Perhaps it was just a result of the editing, but it feels like Sugar was told he had to do it even though it seemingly didn't follow the narrative.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(23-02-2024, 01:55 PM)WillPS Wrote:  The obligatory 'first ever' twist this week was a bit crap wasn't it?

The losing PM selected 2 candidates to stay with him in the board room. As usual, the other candidates were then dismissed and the remaining 3 were sent back to the waiting area.

Sugar then phoned the receptionist and asked her to get back all the candidates he had dismissed, so they all returned to the boardroom.

He then hardly spoke to anyone except the 3 candidates he would have spoken to anyway, and 'fired' 2 of them.

Perhaps it was just a result of the editing, but it feels like Sugar was told he had to do it even though it seemingly didn't follow the narrative.
The bit when Karren suggests to him that could do that felt very staged.

Budget cuts starting to bite... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
This season feels like it's gone rather quickly for me compared to previous

Karen's quite popular on social media with the "yoof". Certainly there have been a number of incredibly funny spoofs of her and her facial expressions.

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...

(23-02-2024, 01:55 PM)WillPS Wrote:  The obligatory 'first ever' twist this week was a bit crap wasn't it?
'First ever'...
Apart from the occasions in the past where this or something very similar has happened.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

There seemed to be an odd edit in You're Fired last night. Tom mentioned at the start of the programme that they would be looking into the archive and talking to some past contestants. This item then didn't appear in the show, although I spotted a couple of former contestants in the audience.

Presumably this part was cut out in the edit, but they forgot to trim down the introduction.