Sky TV presentation

Can I say, good use of spot promotion during tonight's 'Monday Night Football' (February 19th) to plug the finale of "True Detective: Night Country" using the virtual surroundings of the studio ahead of the Everton vs. Crystal Palace match.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamieMurph25's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, RhysJR

m.quotenmeter.de 

Sky Germany will reduce its Sky Cinema to just 5 channels

I'm curious whether similar change will come to the UK and Italy or not, maybe not as pronounced , as Germany has always been anti-pay TV, to an extent,and they're struggling
[-] The following 2 users Like Kunst's post:
  • interestednovice, RhysJR

You would think of all the services Sky offer movies would be the one where people go to on demand before the channels.
[-] The following 7 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • ACTV, callumwatchestelly, eyeTV, interestednovice, Kunst, LargelyALurker, SB678

I guess there is an element of discovery and curation with a linear offer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • interestednovice

(20-02-2024, 08:46 PM)Kunst Wrote:  m.quotenmeter.de 

Sky Germany will reduce its Sky Cinema to just 5 channels

I'm curious whether similar change will come to the UK and Italy or not, maybe not as pronounced , as Germany has always been anti-pay TV, to an extent,and they're struggling
The reduction of linear movie channels feels like an evitability, which will happen sooner or later. I can see the benefit of retaining some linear channels, such as most of the ones mentioned in that article (Premiere, Classics, Action, Family, and the addition of Highlights). I wonder if like in the UK the 'Action' channel will get periodically rebranded for franchises. Presumably the ability to temporarily rebrand a channel to the likes of 'Sky Cinema Harry Potter' is profitable for Sky, and in some cases might even be part of a sponsorship/rights deal.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Keith's post:
  • Brekkie, Gary Baldy, interestednovice

(21-02-2024, 10:25 AM)Keith Wrote:  Presumably the ability to temporarily rebrand a channel to the likes of 'Sky Cinema Harry Potter' is profitable for Sky

Curious what you mean by this, do you think the addition of a pop up linear channel motivates new subscribers? Or do you think it's more about making existing subscribers feel like they're getting more from their subscription (and less likely to cancel)? Or something else?

I can't imagine the individual cinema channels are viewed as individual cost centres any more, possibly haven't been since the days of Sky Premiere/MovieMax.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • Gary Baldy

Just spotted new branding for Sky History during the short trailer for 'Royal Kill List', which has the new History branding.

Looks like they'll be new branding, but keeping the feel for UK and Ireland audience, will appear in March.

Had a look, and the new logo is being used now
www.history.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 3 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • JamieMurph25, Michael 18, Stuart

It was a matter of time

Lost opportunity, at least for me, to make Sky History , branding-wise, a common Sky channel with the Sky branding guidelines and so on.

But it's Hearst decision, not Sky's
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kunst's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

Its a shame to see the old History channel logo go. It was only a matter of time after the A+E changed the logo elsewhere. In my opinion the new version is much less friendly looking, looks more imposing, probably fitted to the original History channel of yesterday more than the entertainment channel it has become.
They removed the arrow part of the logo in 2016 which was surprising. It had become a key part of the channels pres back in the 2010's even featuring in impressive cinematic channel promos with factories creating lots of History arrows which would then fly around the world. 

Here are some captures of the new logo in action on the channel.

[Image: ip.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Edmund's post:
  • giiiuls, insert_good_username_here, Kunst, Stuart