Hits Radio Rebrand Rollout

(28-02-2024, 04:59 PM)thegeek Wrote:  They'd have to over-ride the ol' Acorn to do that on Pirate...

What the hell is he doing with that mouse?

God, those clunky 3 button Acorn mice... I'm back at Primary school! We didn't hold them that way though 🤣
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • DE88, lookoutwales

BBC Spotlight's coverage of the launch of Pirate - uploaded by Pirate itself - was more than a little questionable, to say the least ("only four journalists?!")

Apparently, they later apologised for it but clips of Phil Fairclough's package were supposedly played on air around the time of station anniversaries etc.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • TVFan

Not sure if this has already been announced but excluding Pirate FM and Wave 105, the roll-out happens on 17 April (Wednesday). Pre-roll trails now airing on Rayo on Amazon Alexa.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh's post:
  • BBI45, Toby brown

Not sure if this the perfect place for this, but there is a report on North West Tonight on the changes to local radio in the region.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Josh, London Lite, lookoutwales

I’ve still not forgiven Pirate FM for replacing their news intro jingle early last year

soundcloud.com 

Feels like it was introduced in a plea to keep the Pirate name, similar to when BBC Spotlight fended off the corporate news look by slapping a giant (full screen) BBC logo on their existing look!

(26-03-2024, 04:42 PM)Josh Wrote:  Not sure if this has already been announced but excluding Pirate FM and Wave 105, the roll-out happens on 17 April (Wednesday). Pre-roll trails now airing on Rayo on Amazon Alexa.

I'd assume all the changes in Cornwall will be happening on the 17th as well. It'd be slightly odd if Pirate went before all the others, especially as they seem to have been a late addition to the changes.

(26-03-2024, 05:56 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Not sure if this the perfect place for this, but there is a report on North West Tonight on the changes to local radio in the region.

twitter.com 

Here is the full report:

1drv.ms 

I kissed a gull and I liked it!
[-] The following 3 users Like BBI45's post:
  • DJ Dave, London Lite, RhysJR

(26-03-2024, 08:54 PM)BBI45 Wrote:  I'd assume all the changes in Cornwall will be happening on the 17th as well. It'd be slightly odd if Pirate went before all the others, especially as they seem to have been a late addition to the changes.
I'd presume so, although the pre-rolls didn't run on the two stations when I checked earlier (though this may be due to the slight difference in the stations compared to the rest of the network).

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • BBI45

Only 2 days left of Wave 105 before it becomes GHR...

Slightly earlier finish for Wave - as per what happened with Jack FM (and when Lincs went DAB-only), the switch to GHR takes place at 10pm on Thursday (according to Andy Shier on Twitter)
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • BBI45, SpacewardAsh