Steve Wright 1954-2024

Agreed with the comments on here, Liza did a fantastic job.

Wonder what will happen next Sunday at 9am. Do they keep the Love Songs brand with a new presenter such as Liza again or go for something different? Difficult to say.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVViewer256's post:
  • UTVLifer

Looks as if Gary Davies will be doing Pick of the Pops again this week. Nikki Chapman’s said she’ll be covering Love Songs for a few weeks so it looks like the show’s continuing (good decision in my opinion).
[-] The following 4 users Like TVViewer256's post:
  • dvboy, Nige, scottishtv, UTVLifer

Michael Ball is taking over Sunday Love Songs as its new host.

radiotoday.co.uk 

Paddy McGuinness gets his current slot of 11am-1pm, starting in June. He used to present a Sunday morning show for what was the Bauer City 1 network some years ago (though more often than not, it was his producer, Simon Greening, who actually led the show)

Can't think of a better choice for Love Songs really - I think he'll fit in well.
[-] The following 4 users Like TVViewer256's post:
  • AndrewP, Bungo Bill, Toby brown, UTVLifer

They seem desperate to find a slot for Paddy and that doesn't really feel like the right one. Would have made more sense to extend Michael Balls existing show and incorporate Love Songs into that.

Gary Davies remains the "interim" presenter of Pick of the Pops.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

(02-04-2024, 12:32 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They seem desperate to find a slot for Paddy and that doesn't really feel like the right one. Would have made more sense to extend Michael Balls existing show and incorporate Love Songs into that.
One could speculate the slot of Paddy might be in lieu of the lost work due to Top Gear being axed / indefinitely suspended by the BBC, in addition to QoS being axed.

The BBC press release can be found at www.bbc.co.uk .

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Mark Goodier is the new host of Pick of the Pops:

www.bbc.co.uk 

Quote:Mark Goodier, one of UK radio’s most familiar voices, is to return to BBC Radio 2 and BBC Sounds as the new host of Pick of the Pops, following the passing of Steve Wright, who previously presented the show.

From July each Saturday lunchtime (1-3pm), Mark will continue to count down two charts from two different weeks from the past seven decades. Pick of the Pops will continue to be produced by 7digital.

Mark says: “It’s an honour to host the iconic Pick of the Pops, although I wish it were in happier circumstances as I was friends with Steve for almost 40 years. I can’t wait to reminisce with Radio 2 listeners as we revisit two years in their lives, playing some of the best records ever made.”
[-] The following 2 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • Happy2001, lookoutwales

For Radio 2's core demographic, Mark Goodier was the voice of the charts on Radio 1 in their formative years. Seems like the perfect choice to me.
[-] The following 6 users Like Spencer's post:
  • DeMarkay, eyeTV, Happy2001, lookoutwales, Omnipresent, TVNerd

Great to see Radio 2 providing a home for DJs ousted by Greatest Hits Radio when they bring in fresh new talent. On paper a perfect choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • GeekyJames

Yes I'm happy for Mark Goodier that he's got a prominent gig after his weekday show on GHR ended due to Ken Bruce coming in*

*to be clear, I don't know how bothered or not he was by this, particularly as he promoted Ken's new show a lot in the last few weeks of his. Just happy for him to be chosen for this

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • lookoutwales