BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(17-04-2024, 06:26 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Does anyone notice the sound being a bit muffled on the Six with Sophie Raworth in Studio B?

I was trying to work that out, can’t see that Sophie is wearing a mic?

(17-04-2024, 06:42 PM)Damo1977 Wrote:  I was trying to work that out, can’t see that Sophie is wearing a mic?

I did notice that she was not a wearing a mic when she was at the desk in B.

Although I did hear her very well when the mics on the desk were providing the audio during the bulletin.

(17-04-2024, 06:50 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  I did notice that she was not a wearing a mic when she was at the desk in B.

Although I did hear her very well when the mics on the desk were providing the audio during the bulletin.

It felt like she was wearing a mic as it was OK at the tower but maybe it was too far to her right as the quality was noticeably better when she was sat at the desk doing a piece with the tower behind her rather than a straight on shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990

I don't think anyone can blame Martine for this.
twitter.com 

(18-04-2024, 11:23 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I don't think anyone can blame Martine for this.
twitter.com 

Complete insanity they remain off air and are still being paid. What is going on here, why can't they be brought back on air?
[-] The following 4 users Like thomalex's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, Scratch_Perry

(18-04-2024, 11:23 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I don't think anyone can blame Martine for this.

As is customary nowadays for the failing social media site formerly known as Twitter, the link to the Deadline article doesn’t work. Either its owner broke t.co [again] or deadline reported on something he hates and thus the owner deliberately broke any external link pointing to the site as punishment. Could you share the link to the article directly? ^_^

(18-04-2024, 02:55 PM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  As is customary nowadays for the failing social media site formerly known as Twitter, the link to the Deadline article doesn’t work. Either its owner broke t.co [again] or deadline reported on something he hates and thus the owner deliberately broke any external link pointing to the site as punishment. Could you share the link to the article directly? ^_^
The direct link is: deadline.com 

(The X link is still working okay when clicking from my own computer.)

It's perhaps worth noting that the article states:
Quote:The details of Croxall’s case against the BBC are not in the public domain, but the tribunal listing makes clear that the complaint involves issues including age and sex discrimination, and equal pay.

I think it's fair to read into it that she's not satisfied with the outcome of the BBC's own HR department into the internal complaint made her and her four colleagues. Also, out of those five she wasn't one of the two who were later given Chief Presenter roles, which may have exacerbated things. I wonder if this employment tribunal could further delay her return to screen.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 6 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, SuperSajuuk

See the 10 o'clock News is pushed back half an hour for The Apprentice spin-off tonight. The news channel airs World News America and Newsnight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

The Deadline article has been updated, and now reports that all five of the 'exiled' female presenters are taking part in the aforementioned employment tribunal against the BBC.

Quote:Martine Croxall is the listed litigant, but multiple sources said Karin Giannone, Geeta Guru-Murthy, Kasia Madera, and Annita McVeigh are parties to the case. The presenters have been off air for over a year, though Guru-Murthy and McVeigh recently returned to the news channel.

Screenshot of updated headline: ibb.co 

Full article here: deadline.com 
[-] The following 14 users Like LDN's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, matthieu1221, MLehon, oscillon, RhysJR, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Martine was a pro with how she handled Prince Phillip's death so much so it made news in America.

Some of the decisions made by Deborah Turness leave a lot to be desired although I understand their hands (or wallets) were tied due to repeated government decisions about licence fee money.

BBC News Channel is now a mess and frankly a bit of an embarrassment. Anyone with half a brain cell could have seen a British and International combined channel won't work and will alienate both audiences.

Everything Martine said when it was announced was correct. Maybe she stirred the pot too much and ruffled too many egos feathers?