BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(05-05-2024, 06:36 PM)Moz Wrote:  Pre-launch and post-launch perhaps?

And I presume studio E will reappear from the off on Tuesday too or is that later in the month?

(05-05-2024, 07:31 PM)janewaysbun Wrote:  And I presume studio E will reappear from the off on Tuesday too or is that later in the month?

Maryam says yes to this Tuesday!

x.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Juicy Joe, Moz, oscillon, Reith85, RhysJR

(05-05-2024, 06:21 PM)harshy Wrote:  Well I’m confused so Business Today starts Tuesday but the first two editions on Tuesday are down as World Business Report?

Maybe that's a clue as to when you may see E on air 😉
[-] The following 13 users Like NickyS's post:
  • ACTV, AJB39, AndrewP, arbrax, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, harshy, Juicy Joe, Moz, News76, Reith85, Rolling News, TV AND

Not going to get excited at all. With the exception of a vertical screen, it’s the Studio E we’ve known since it first went on air.

Very much doubt there’ll be any other changes.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, Reith85

I don't care for any changes, E was pretty much perfect as it was. I just want BBC News from the heart of the newsroom, all day long.
[-] The following 15 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • ACTV, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, Charles, EastCoast, Hadrien, harshy, Jayesyn, Juicy Joe, kookaburra, Moz, News76, Universal_r

(05-05-2024, 09:01 PM)Moz Wrote:  Not going to get excited at all. With the exception of a vertical screen, it’s the Studio E we’ve known since it first went on air.

Very much doubt there’ll be any other changes.
I don't really get why it's coming back into action unless they're about to make changes in C (which will probably just be the addition of a vertical screen). Not updating the catwalk screens into one screen in E shows they don't really care about it.

Personally I think of those studios in NBH that Studio D actually looks the best. It being slightly smaller gives it a more intimate feeling that Studio C.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald

(05-05-2024, 09:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I don't really get why it's coming back into action unless they're about to make changes in C (which will probably just be the addition of a vertical screen). Not updating the catwalk screens into one screen in E shows they don't really care about it.

Personally I think of those studios in NBH that Studio D actually looks the best. It being slightly smaller gives it a more intimate feeling that Studio C.

Apparently it’s LBH now, not NBH.

Seeing B with the upper level lit for the elections makes me realise what a nice space it could be. I dislike how cold it looks and those cameras are intrusive.

Looking forward to warm and friendly E back.
[-] The following 3 users Like JexedBack's post:
  • chrisherald, Juicy Joe, kookaburra

(05-05-2024, 09:52 PM)JexedBack Wrote:  Seeing B with the upper level lit for the elections makes me realise what a nice space it could be. I dislike how cold it looks and those cameras are intrusive.

Looking forward to warm and friendly E back.

E will just be for the News Channel. B will still be used for BBC One bulletins.

(05-05-2024, 09:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I don't really get why it's coming back into action unless they're about to make changes in C (which will probably just be the addition of a vertical screen). Not updating the catwalk screens into one screen in E shows they don't really care about it.

I have a feeling C will probably be mothballed as a result, being available for planned maintenance only, the BBC do not need two news studios for day to day use on the News channel under the current set up. The balcony will remain in use for the UK opt.