Eurovision Song Contest 2024

(09-05-2024, 10:01 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Who was the British woman appearing on stage?

That was Lynda Woodruff played by Sarah Dawn Finer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AxG's post:
  • UTVLifer

(09-05-2024, 10:01 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Who was the British woman appearing on stage?

(I hope) you jest, but it's interesting that she sung one of the lines differently to the on-screen text.

Just found out her real name is Sarah Dawn Finer and is a Swedish singer!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • bkman1990

I loved that! A different tone to Love Love Peace Peace but still utterly marvellous from Petra (and Charlotte Perrelli and Sarah Dawn Finer)

I howled when the photo of Måns popped up on the big screen, they had to get him in somewhere
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • bkman1990

The 10 countries from SF2 for Saturday's Grand final.

Latvia
Austria
Netherlands
Norway
Israel (Oh wow; I didn't expect that one)
Greece
Estonia
Switzerland
Georgia
Armenia

Surprised Belgium didn’t make it
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, ethanjbrady, UTVLifer

Petra will be on Scott's Radio 2 show tomorrow

(09-05-2024, 10:14 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Israel (Oh wow; I didn't expect that one)

Even if you discount the song / performance being far from the bottom end of tonight's performances, did you really think that this vote - of all votes - wouldn't attract some political voting in support?
[-] The following 6 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • all new phil, bkman1990, Jon, Ma76, Nobby, UTVLifer

Was wondering how they’ll do the final with just 2 hosts - normally there are 2 doing the scores with another host with the acts. Maybe it’ll be Lynda doing that? Or Måns.

Nice that like last year we’re getting the full end credit sequence seemingly. Presumbly due to SVT not taking any advertising.

(09-05-2024, 10:20 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Was wondering how they’ll do the final with just 2 hosts - normally there are 2 doing the scores with another host with the acts. Maybe it’ll be Lynda doing that? Or Måns.
The first time Petra hosted it was her on her own. There has been many years with just two hosts but I’m sure they can get an interviewer if they want.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jon's post:
  • bkman1990, Jayesyn, Ma76, UTVLifer