Eurovision Song Contest 2024

(11-05-2024, 08:08 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  So we've gone with "film look" this year...?

Yes, see the discussion from Tuesday. The explanation is here
pres.cafe 
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • IanJRedman, UTVLifer

(11-05-2024, 07:58 PM)Jon Wrote:  That’s basically most of TV most of the time. At least they have alternative of Eurovision and of course people aren’t restricted to just 5 channels these days. They can also watch people getting killed on Drama.

Although most drama on TV is about people getting killed, the majority of TV shows aren't and the choice to viewers is normally varied but tonight the other main channels are mainly showing films and drama about murder and whatever because the people who aren't watching Eurovision are supposedly only into that sort of thing.

(11-05-2024, 08:08 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  So we've gone with "film look" this year...?

Hopefully it's gone by next year.
[-] The following 5 users Like James2001's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, ethanjbrady, Ma76, UTVLifer

(11-05-2024, 08:23 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Although most drama on TV is about people getting killed, the majority of TV shows aren't and the choice to viewers is normally varied but tonight the other main channels are mainly showing films and drama about murder and whatever because the people who aren't watching Eurovision are supposedly only into that sort of thing.

They could always watch a news channel, I'm sure there's no connection to either Eurovision or killings there.

Can't help but think the use of more yellows and pinks in the show graphics are down to the UK shaking up some of the presentation elements last year.

They've made it all a bit more 'pastel-y' and safe though...

I'm quite surprised that The Netherlands were disqualified from Eurovision Grand Final tonight. Whatever the circumstances surrounding the incident which happened between the SF2 and The Grand Final; it's a real shame that the Netherlands entry won't be heard this evening.

I admit that I was stunned to learn that Ireland wanted to leave the competition altogether because Bambie Thug did not take part in the dress rehearsal for the Grand Final earlier this afternoon. I am happy that she took part in the Flag parade earlier by being able to take part tonight.

(11-05-2024, 07:58 PM)Jon Wrote:  Scott and Rylan then coming through on BBC One.

Just sticking a commentary on another broadcasters pictures shouldn’t be too difficult to mess up.

The commentary setup is easily one of the most complicated parts of the Song Contest. It can be messed up in many different ways with very little effort.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mcrdev's post:
  • News Engineer

(11-05-2024, 08:52 PM)mcrdev Wrote:  The commentary setup is easily one of the most complicated parts of the Song Contest. It can be messed up in many different ways with very little effort.
What do you think happened then?

An interesting tweet from Simon Hardwick - it's not just the filmic look that's made the contest look worse this year...

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • TVFan, UTVLifer

(11-05-2024, 08:54 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  An interesting tweet from Simon Hardwick - it's not just the filmic look that's made the contest look worse this year...

x.com 
He’ll love Greek visuals then.

For the UK, I think this vocal performance is quite a bit better than the semi-final perhaps not perfect though.