Apologies for the brief outages recently. We are aware of an issue and it is being investigated. x

Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(21-05-2024, 02:57 PM)Chud Wrote:  I’ve assumed virtual studio A has been mothballed as haven’t seen it in over a year.
And people think the merger has been all bad Rolleyes !
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, Charles, interestednovice, UTVLifer

So is this the first time they’ve been able to have a guest during a UK breakout?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 11 users Like Moz's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, matthieu1221, MLehon, oscillon, Reith85, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Not strictly bbc news but just caught on YouTube a clip of Late Night Lycett and they had Maryam Moshiri on the GBNews spoof. She came on as surprise saying she was the countdown queen she got everyone to do a countdown…her comment about being careful as aunty is watching.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 

(21-05-2024, 03:32 PM)Moz Wrote:  So is this the first time they’ve been able to have a guest during a UK breakout?
The same info on screen twice with so much of the screen taken up by graphics which give viewers one line of information. Surely someone at BBC News realises this is not the best use of the screen.

(21-05-2024, 06:45 PM)ViridianFan Wrote:  Not strictly bbc news but just caught on YouTube a clip of Late Night Lycett and they had Maryam Moshiri on the GBNews spoof. She came on as surprise saying she was the countdown queen she got everyone to do a countdown…her comment about being careful as aunty is watching.
She came across so well. Clearly been building her profile in recent months, whether intentionally or not, but was very comfortable guesting on a show such as that and treading that line between having embracing the chaos of the show and not compromising her professional BBC persona perfectly.
[-] The following 8 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, LargelyALurker, Rolling News, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(21-05-2024, 03:32 PM)Moz Wrote:  So is this the first time they’ve been able to have a guest during a UK breakout?
It's almost as if using a proper studio for UK opt-outs instead of the current balcony position is a good idea.

(21-05-2024, 02:36 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  Well, if Studio C can be used for the UK opt-outs, i hope that they stay there. It wouldn`t make sense to switch to a virtual studio like Studio A.
From what I understand A and C are the same size. It would be nice *if* a new set could be installed in A. Even if they used something similar to the English regions, but with a desk. Cameras could still be mostly fixed to the presenter, guest position, and a wide shot.

I can't see the need for a green screen studio at NBH, unless they're going to bring the tech up to the spec used by Salford. There's also still the option of stripping out C in the future and putting a green screen there, or in the Peel(?) wing.

I'm assuming that the likely technical work in A may be to the gallery, to give it the capabilities that E now has.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Jayesyn, UTVLifer

(21-05-2024, 08:20 PM)Keith Wrote:  It's almost as if using a proper studio for UK opt-outs instead of the current balcony position is a good idea.

From what I understand A and C are the same size. It would be nice *if* a new set could be installed in A. Even if they used something similar to the English regions, but with a desk. Cameras could still be mostly fixed to the presenter, guest position, and a wide shot.

I can't see the need for a green screen studio at NBH, unless they're going to bring the tech up to the spec used by Salford. There's also still the option of stripping out C in the future and putting a green screen there, or in the Peel(?) wing.

I'm assuming that the likely technical work in A may be to the gallery, to give it the capabilities that E now has.

Or, hoping they can ship some of the VR technology they aren't using in Salford to be used in A.

Does anyone know who is responsible/made all the circular titles? I keep seeing everywhere that’s it’s Chris Cook, but surely not?
[-] The following 1 user Likes damian's post:
  • xlalonce

(21-05-2024, 11:00 PM)damian Wrote:  Does anyone know who is responsible/made all the circular titles? I keep seeing everywhere that’s it’s Chris Cook, but surely not?

Doubt he’s the one firing up PowerPoint, but he would be approving before use.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kookaburra's post:
  • xlalonce

(21-05-2024, 11:00 PM)damian Wrote:  Does anyone know who is responsible/made all the circular titles? I keep seeing everywhere that’s it’s Chris Cook, but surely not?
I believe it has been posted pages ago, but this supposably is the designer for Verify, Behind the News and the loathed News Now:
dribbble.com 

In searching this I also found the designer for the updated countdown and chameleon blip:
richsutton.myportfolio.com 

And another for the Instagram layouts:
www.joyroxas.design 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 3 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, SlimyTrain

Seems to be the methodology for the circle design across BBC News:
dribbble.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Clark's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, harryb, W. Knight
Thread Closed