Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

Excellent use of the lower thirds on BBC News. Currently displaying "UK General Election called for July 4th" on the single-line aston and cycling between "BREAKING" and "Rishi Sunak calls General Election for July 4th" on the flipper.
[-] The following 3 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald

I also must say, the person who played 'Things can only get better'? Certainly made me chuckle

[Image: BB50.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Blubatt's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Nobby, thePineapple

A Sky News test card just appeared on BBC News just now - presumably from the pool feed.

Has this gone out on the World feed too?

^^^ Yes, World is getting this special.

First big UK news event without Huw Edwards at the helm and his absence is already very much felt....
[-] The following 9 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, fatal paper cut, Ian, oscillon, Radio_man, SuperSajuuk

(22-05-2024, 05:35 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Has this gone out on the World feed too?

It went out on Reuters too so I assume it's the pool feed yes.

EDIT: Apologies I thought you meant the Sky News testcard, I assume you mean the overall coverage on BBC World.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • bilky asko

Yes, I've been watching BBC News from Norway
[-] The following 5 users Like nareik91's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Stuart

Yes, seems to be on World. I'd assume they'll take the Six and Ten as well, which hopefully aren't presented from rainy Downing Street.

[Edit] been beaten to it.

(22-05-2024, 05:26 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  does Downing Street not have umbrellas?

I did wonder just before the announcement if they were going to bring out some kind of gazebo to allow the lectern to still be open yet under cover.

Mind you, it’s classic British “get on with it” to just make the speech in the open, come hell or high water! Contrast that to US presidential announcements, for example, which are far more stage managed.

Rishi did look very wet by the end though, I think he will need a change of clothes!

Is this coverage coming from the Studio C gallery instead of Studio E, I wonder?

The local time tags are not shown on screen next to locations (such a Cardiff, right now) but since the recent graphics changes and the channel being based in E, we have had those formerly World-only tags in the UK too normally.

A change in templates between the two galleries could be the reason?
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald

I dont understand the point of replaying Rishi's speech in a box if its muted.
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, TIGHazard
Thread Closed