BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(27-05-2024, 11:08 AM)all new phil Wrote:  I take it UK and World are split during the day now for the election? What’s on now feels very much like the news channel of old.

Yes, they are split at the moment.

I quite liked Nicky S’s time-checks earlier (no reason not to reintroduce them now the feed is only going out to the UK) and it’s also quite nice to have properly introduced weather.

Plus the use of Studio E and, yes, it’s just like old times!
[-] The following 6 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Looks like it's today that the new purple election branding is making an appearance, starting with Breakfast.
[-] The following 2 users Like Transmission's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

In election-based news, starting today, those who watch the BBC News channel on a connected TV will see a new feature...

[-] The following 2 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • interestednovice, Toby brown

Dare we coin it the "electrahedron"
up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 9 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, FindingDaniel, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Michael Wotton, Milkshake, oscillon, RhysJR, UTVLifer

Well, if we're sticking with that name, the electrahedron made an appearance on Studio E's 'tower'.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

There was also a throw across the newsroom to BBC Verify. It's really what I imagined Verify would look like from the start with Rajini Vaidyanathan interviewing a few reporters and showing us different areas in the newsroom including pointing out where Studio E is.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 8 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, harshy, House, interestednovice, Milkshake, Reith85, UTVLifer

The BBC report also mentions Andrea Catherwood (ITV News and Channel 5 News alumni) leading the reporting from Belfast. I know she's done a fair bit of work for BBC Radio 4 over the last few years but I think this may be the first time she's appearing on BBC TV coverage?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Earlie37's post:
  • interestednovice

There isn't a dedicated interviewer this time, going by the press release. I assume this is because its double headed and both can grill politicians.
[-] The following 2 users Like freeview87's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(28-05-2024, 11:47 AM)MFTJA Wrote:  Well, if we're sticking with that name, the electrahedron made an appearance on Studio E's 'tower'.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
I recall when they tinkered with the logo for the Referendum in 2016, that also didn't work well.

It was discussed back in the Blue Place at the time, where someone explained that the red part of the hexagon was supposed to be a lower case 'e'.

I could never manage to see it as such. Confused

[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice

(28-05-2024, 11:47 AM)MFTJA Wrote:  Well, if we're sticking with that name, the electrahedron made an appearance on Studio E's 'tower'.
up.metropol247.co.uk 

There was also a throw across the newsroom to BBC Verify. It's really what I imagined Verify would look like from the start with Rajini Vaidyanathan interviewing a few reporters and showing us different areas in the newsroom including pointing out where Studio E is.
up.metropol247.co.uk 
up.metropol247.co.uk 
up.metropol247.co.uk 
up.metropol247.co.uk 

You'll likely be seeing more of that over the next few weeks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Worzel's post:
  • interestednovice

The music and graphics were definitely on point with Sky's election programme in 2019. Wonder if they will be bold enough to re-use the music this time? Have a nagging feeling that they'll go safe this time.

The spidercam sweep through the Sky Central building doesn't look as impressive as I remember. The pan towards the glass box isn't as smooth as I thought it was and doesn't really add an awful lot, given that they didn't use the space at all that night.
[-] The following 3 users Like lhx1985's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer