Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

Looks like there is no fixed division between UK and World feed for presenters without their own programme, especially those with UK News Channel background: Martine Croxall is now presenting The World Today, and a couple of days ago Geeta Guru-Murthy and Kasia Madera were anchoring in parallel on two feeds.

i.postimg.cc 

By the way, regular presenters of the branded slots were relatively rarely seen on air in the last couple of weeks.

(29-05-2024, 07:45 PM)oscillon Wrote:  By the way, regular presenters of the branded slots were relatively rarely seen on air in the last couple of weeks.

Matthew appears to be the regular anchor of the afternoon slot on the UK feed, he said at the end of the shift today he would be back tomorrow afternoon. Arguably it is his slot just unbranded.
[-] The following 5 users Like South's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Ma76, oscillon, UTVLifer

BBC One o'clock News to come from Salford from Monday.

x.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • AndrewP, UTVLifer

The News at One from a large red sofa is certainly a choice. Makes it feel like a regional news programme.

At least they’ve gone for a new Salford newsroom background, rather than simply reusing the London one.

Slightly puzzled by the large number (6) of named presenters for a five-day-a-week programme. I assume the idea is there isn’t a dedicated presenter but rather those prominent elsewhere (Sally, John and Nina from Breakfast, Ben from the NC, Tina from R2 and Anna Foster as, presumably, a Salford-based correspondent?). But it would still seem preferable to me to appoint one or two, and rely on the same pool of presenters who cover Breakfast to cover their absence.
[-] The following 2 users Like House's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

It sounds and looks like Breakfast at 1pm, including the same presenters and even the same editor. A definite case of cost-cutting, then.
[-] The following 4 users Like Reith85's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Pips2022, UTVLifer

Also, notably, no Jane Hill, Reeta Chakrabarti or Clive Myrie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes House's post:
  • chrisherald

(30-05-2024, 10:31 AM)House Wrote:  The News at One from a large red sofa is certainly a choice. Makes it feel like a regional news programme.

At least they’ve gone for a new Salford newsroom background, rather than simply reusing the London one.

Slightly puzzled by the large number (6) of named presenters for a five-day-a-week programme. I assume the idea is there isn’t a dedicated presenter but rather those prominent elsewhere (Sally, John and Nina from Breakfast, Ben from the NC, Tina from R2 and Anna Foster as, presumably, a Salford-based correspondent?). But it would still seem preferable to me to appoint one or two, and rely on the same pool of presenters who cover Breakfast to cover their absence.

The set has plenty of stand up positions for storytelling, and being on a sofa makes zero difference - it's not like is a reclining black leather easyboy from dfs with pop out foot rests.

The UKs number one news programme slot is the 6:30PM regional news. Are the stories about some of England's most impactful, dramatic, harrowing events reduced becouse the presenter was sat with a fabric red bar behind their MCU, as opposed to a perspex red bar? Nope.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stockland Hillman's post:
  • chrisherald, Otis Crump, Trafford Wharf Road

(30-05-2024, 10:40 AM)Reith85 Wrote:  It sounds and looks like Breakfast at 1pm, including the same presenters and even the same editor. A definite case of cost-cutting, then.

And to add to that, the official release mentions that “In addition to the main news agenda, the team will work closely with BBC Breakfast to feature more human interest stories – reflecting the communities across our nations.”

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 8 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Happy2001, House, Ma76, Reith85, SlimyTrain, Worzel

It’s basically going to be BBC Breakfast at lunchtime, with lighter weight presenters and more human interest features

Who would have imagined that the One would be presented from a sofa
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart, UTVLifer

(30-05-2024, 10:55 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  And to add to that, the official release mentions that “In addition to the main news agenda, the team will work closely with BBC Breakfast to feature more human interest stories – reflecting the communities across our nations.”

www.bbc.co.uk 

God I hate the term “human interest story “ - isn’t all news human interest!? Isn’t what’s happening in Gaza of interest to - and involving - humans!?

What they actually mean by human interest is just awful in my opinion. Sop stories and consumer affairs. Boring.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 14 users Like Moz's post:
  • ACTV, Alessi, AndrewP, Bazinga, Bungo Bill, chrisherald, ginnyfan, House, LDN, matthieu1221, Pips2022, Stuart, UTVLifer, Will
Thread Closed