BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(04-06-2024, 09:26 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's a terrible debate and chaired really badly. Not enough time to respond to anything.

Julie's doing a decent job trying to get the leaders to address the substance of the question. However, she hasn't done a good job at all actually moderating the debate.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jeff's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, octothorpe, UTVLifer

I’m not really criticising Julie, more the setup.

It needs to be a direct question, long-ish time to answer + then a right of reply. I think that is the only way to do it.
[-] The following 9 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, Jeff, octothorpe, PJamo, TIGHazard, UTVLifer

To be honest, she is doing a bit better now

[Image: BB50.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like Blubatt's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, octothorpe, TIGHazard, UTVLifer

The debate tonight is also live on YouTube, which is good as ITVX is not always the easiest website to negotiate through and personally I find YouTube better. Can't think of ITV using YouTube much for streaming before - most videos on the ITV News YouTube channel only have around 2000 viwers. Over 40 000 is the current number of viewers according to the counter, which is quite high I would think.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • chrisherald

this 45 second rule is god awful. issues this nuanced and divided cannot be answered in less than a minute and it's just ending up with Julie having to talk over the both of them to try and stop them from finishing their sentence because they're out of time! hoping future debates give them more time to answer the question
[-] The following 2 users Like arbrax's post:
  • bkman1990, octothorpe

The 45 second limit was never going to work, irrespective of who was chairing the debate.
[-] The following 11 users Like PJamo's post:
  • ACTV, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, interestednovice, Jeff, matthieu1221, octothorpe, UTVLifer

Just a horrible format. Frustrating for the viewer, turned it off.
[-] The following 7 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, interestednovice, Reith85, UTVLifer

Without getting into the poltiics, I agree, Terrible moderator, waste of time on certain questions.. Overall very disappointing.
[-] The following 5 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Reith85, Telefunken, TIGHazard

they packed far too much in and i'm not sure why Julie allowed multiple comebacks after only allowing 45 seconds for the initial answer
[-] The following 12 users Like Luc's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, arbrax, bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, interestednovice, Jeff, matthieu1221, octothorpe, Reith85, UTVLifer

The debates were not good viewing. Julie found it hard to take control, mixture of the format of it and the people themselves.

The Election Interviews currently going out with the other 4 parties seems to be going out live from the News at Ten studio with Anushka at the desk. I thought it may have been pre-recorded but as you can see the time in the background, it does seem to be going out live.
[-] The following 5 users Like RDJ's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, UTVLifer