That's a nice shot. The presentation overall is so dire these days, even the smallest detail like that can liven up the proceedings. London has the best set and it's sad it's barely used right now.

As for the new Atlanta set, the more I see of it the worse it looks. White, plastic, small corner with that jarring city background. Even the old CNNI set looked bigger and had more variety.

I don't think the channel ever looked worse, set-wise, even the World Report orange/yellow/blue mess era was better cause they actually still tried back then.

i.postimg.cc 

i.postimg.cc 
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • Charles, xlalonce

(18-06-2024, 06:54 PM)oscillon Wrote:  May be they thought that "CNN Presidential ebate" label on most other channels will strengthen their brand as compared to a single exclusive boost in ratings.

Having the CNN logo on the other networks that carry it (C-Span, CBS, ABC so far confirmed) is a strong branding move, a good move for public service, and the right decision. It's also a case of playing fairly so that the other debates (ABC) are available to CNN as well.

(18-06-2024, 07:42 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I don't think the channel ever looked worse, set-wise, even the World Report orange/yellow/blue mess era was better cause they actually still tried back then.

CNN are in need of a visual refresh. The on-air visuals just aren't cohesive, the graphics are clunky, and a lot of the sub-brands have been watered down. The studios used to follow a design idiom, but now none of the bureaus match. If they were smart they'd be working on this now and launching before the election.
[-] The following 4 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • interestednovice, Jeff, oscillon, Talkover

(18-06-2024, 08:43 PM)EastCoast Wrote:  Having the CNN logo on the other networks that carry it (C-Span, CBS, ABC so far confirmed) is a strong branding move, a good move for public service, and the right decision. It's also a case of playing fairly so that the other debates (ABC) are available to CNN as well.

That's if it goes well! The last townhall with Trump was received negativey if I recall correctly.
Hopefully Dana and Jake can keep them in line and stop it from becoming an uncontrolled shouting match!

(18-06-2024, 07:42 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  That's a nice shot. The presentation overall is so dire these days, even the smallest detail like that can liven up the proceedings. London has the best set and it's sad it's barely used right now.

As for the new Atlanta set, the more I see of it the worse it looks. White, plastic, small corner with that jarring city background. Even the old CNNI set looked bigger and had more variety.

I don't think the channel ever looked worse, set-wise, even the World Report orange/yellow/blue mess era was better cause they actually still tried back then.

i.postimg.cc 
i.postimg.cc 

When the smaller set debuted in Atlanta, it was quite okay. Smaller but they had some good shots, changed the colours and the desk and anchors used different positions/different screens. Then the blue and that awful blue/yellow era started and it all went downhill!
[-] The following 2 users Like gman's post:
  • Talkover, xlalonce

Well it looks like the CNN debate will be simulcast on PBS, CBS and now ABC. ABC plans extensive coverage to bookend the debate. Somehow i feel this has been done before, but could be wrong.

www.adweek.com 

Pam Brown covering “The Source” tonight. Is this her first appearance since her maternity leave?

In other coverage notes: John King covered for Anderson Cooper tonight (nice seeing him back on air). Jim Acosta has been covering for Laura Coates and Manu Raju has been covering for Kasie Hunt all week. Eleni Giokis covered for Max Foster the back half of the week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EastCoast's post:
  • oscillon

The CNN debate will be airing on NewsNation , MSNBC, FOX News Channel (FOX Business) , Also Scripps News, and uhhh NewsMax.
www.latimes.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • Talkover

(22-06-2024, 07:46 AM)sky303 Wrote:  The CNN debate will be airing on NewsNation , MSNBC, FOX News Channel (FOX Business) , Also Scripps News, and uhhh NewsMax.
www.latimes.com 

And many more than what you listed — also ABC, NBC, Fox (broadcast network), CBS, PBS.

And for all of them on the channel guide it’s listed as “CNN Presidential Debate” and I’m sure CNN will be plastered all over the screen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • interestednovice

Studio H was in and out of action today, most likely because of the debate that's due to happen there.

First, both 4am and 5am CNNI hours came from the flash set (usually 4am hour comes from Studio H), then the first segment of CNN TMW did as well, with Victor and Amara in split screen. However, towards the end of the first segment, they crossed over to the meteorologist who was already in the proper studio at the smaller screen, and during the following break Victor and Amara moved to their desk in the studio, so the rest of the show + First of All came from Studio H.

However, at noon ET Fredricka Whitfield came on air from the flash set, and this time even meteorologist popped up from her own flash set (the one used on weekdays), so it looks like they are prepping up Studio H for the debate even on weekends.
Also, for some reason Fredricka's shift today is 1 hour shorter than usual as Omar Jimenez took over from DC at 3pm ET already.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • EastCoast, interestednovice, Talkover

CNN International to bring special multi-platform coverage of the 2024 UK election

CNN International will air special coverage of the United Kingdom’s general election, starting at 9:55pm BST on Thursday July 4 just as polls are about to close.

Richard Quest and Isa Soares will lead the network’s special on-air coverage from CNN’s London studio, providing insights and analysis of the key races and voting trends as the night unfolds.

Joining them in studio will be Anna Stewart, who will track the numbers as votes are counted using an interactive 3D visualization, giving viewers a dynamic display of real-time data for each constituency.

Salma Abdelaziz and Clare Sebastian will report throughout the night from various locations across London.

As results come in during the early hours of Friday July 5, Max Foster will continue anchoring CNN’s special coverage from outside the Houses of Parliament, with Nic Robertson reporting live from Downing Street.

In addition, CNN Digital will provide real-time results on the CNN.com homepage as well as a live blog giving users access to the news, analysis and reaction to election night results.
cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Global TV's post:
  • AJB39, alex.w, matthieu1221, oscillon, Talkover

It's a far cry from the coverage UK and especially its election used to get on CNNI. They basically have 2 anchors there plus Amanpour now. It's sad....