BBC/ITV Yorkshire and Lincolnshire News

(21-06-2024, 07:06 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  A bit of context wouldn't go amiss... which version of Look North?

Hull

Peter read an email from someone who doesn’t like football, saying they had to resort to watching Bullseye on Challenge whilst waiting for the delayed Look North to appear

Keeley didn’t know what Bullseye was, when Peter said ‘two in a bed’ it made matters worse
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, Steve in Pudsey

By contrast, the Leeds edition was presented from Headingley tonight to cover Leeds Rhinos’ first game since Rob Burrow died (which falls on MND Awareness Day) - there was a news round-up from Phil Bodmer in studio.

x.com 

On a personal note, I saw Rob in one of his very last public appearances - winning two gold awards for his Radio Leeds podcast at the ARIAs last month. Impossible to not be moved.
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • AndrewP, Spencer, thePineapple

(21-06-2024, 07:06 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  A bit of context wouldn't go amiss... which version of Look North?

Hull during the banter with Levy.

The live caption seems hit and miss it definitely animates but the Leeds directors tend to fade them in and out instead sometimes they fade in and you see a bit of animation, occasionally they get it right and show all the animation.

Abbie Dewhurst has posted on Instagram that she's doing three early shifts this week, then she's leaving.

I noticed yesterday that Look North (Leeds) have updated the images in the titles. There was both a new daytime and evening version. Some quite nice shots in there – all looking quite summery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • lookoutwales

Though the evening ones could do with some more images - they only change every second 'beat' not every one as they're meant to.

(26-06-2024, 01:39 PM)steve Wrote:  Though the evening ones could do with some more images - they only change every second 'beat' not every one as they're meant to.

I hadn't noticed that, but I've just watched it back, and you're right. Funny that they got it right for the daytime titles.

Incidentally, and I thought it was my imagination at first, but they appear to have finally tweaked the studio colour balance, so it doesn't look quite so blue. It's still a bit on the cool side, but definitely an improvement.

Comparison from a few weeks ago (top) to now (bottom)...

[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • harshy

I'm guessing they didn't have enough night-time imagery that conveyed the vibe they wanted for the lates during the summer! I think it is 'less cool' but it's still noticeably cool compared to most regions - bit like when I set my monitor here to the cool setting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • Spencer