ITV News

I love how the studio is lit for ITV News London.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 6 users Like London Lite's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Ben Shatliff, bkman1990, JosiahStuart, lookoutwales, matthieu1221

Would be a good template to use to refresh the regions I think.
[-] The following 14 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Ben Shatliff, bkman1990, Brekkie, chaose, dbl, JamieMurph25, JosiahStuart, London Lite, lookoutwales, mrarg1393, RDJ, UTVLifer, what

ITV Evening News back in Studio 1 this evening, as was ITV News London.

(24-06-2024, 06:46 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Would be a good template to use to refresh the regions I think.
Maybe a good starting point but as a studio it's attrocious. House lights reflecting, desk to small for the chair, generally looks like a meeting room converted studio.

That being said the background, if the house lights weren't reflected, would look far better than the current regions backing.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mike's post:
  • DTV, Jayesyn, JJJJ, UTVLifer

Obviously things would be improved technically if it was used permanently but I quite liked all the reflections - gives the sense of it being real rather than virtual space.

News studios can be so clinical nowadays so a bit of imperfection isn't always a bad thing.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, chaose, JosiahStuart, Stockland Hillman

(25-06-2024, 01:12 AM)Mike Wrote:  Maybe a good starting point but as a studio it's attrocious. House lights reflecting, desk to small for the chair, generally looks like a meeting room converted studio.

That being said the background, if the house lights weren't reflected, would look far better than the current regions backing.
I think the main issue with the current ITV regional news studios is the backwall. Currently there's essentially 3 large screens in landscape form, with large black space top and bottom which reflect studio lights in wide angles. Replacing those screens with ones which fill the full height and remove the black space would be a big improvement.
Ref: www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk 

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • Brekkie, chaose, mouseboy33, Spencer

Surely easier for viewers just to note the name of the programme rather than identify the backdrop in order to identify their region.

The set looks good but that desk is really ugly. Acoustics are also really poor in there with it sounding rather echoey.

They’re back in there this lunchtime so I gather it might be a regular thing for the next week or so.

It’s also the studio where they record the Talking Politics podcast at 4pm every day currently so probably makes sense for the Lunchtime bulletin to come from there too beings it’s already in use.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RDJ's post:
  • UTVLifer

(25-06-2024, 01:28 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Surely easier for viewers just to note the name of the programme rather than identify the backdrop in order to identify their region.

I imagine it's down to the fact that there are several sub-regional bulletins (i.e. Anglia East and Anglia West), which are only referred to on screen by the core brand (i.e. ITV News Anglia). Most people watching their own region won't realise there is another sub-region under the same name.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFTJA's post:
  • Stuart

Another classic Tom Bradby News at Ten (Forty Five) introduction.
Though you come for educated and insightful analysis, his and Robert Peston's incredulity at the lateest election stories did sum up the mood quite well.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 9 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, eyeTV, Jeff, JosiahStuart, Larry the Loafer, matthieu1221, SB678, UTVLifer