Pamela Brown has posted on Instagram that her dad has passed away. She confirmed this was the reason she hasn't been on presenting duties over the last few weeks. My thoughts are with Pamela and the rest of her friends and family.

www.instagram.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Caught most of CNN This Morning today and genuinely enjoyed watching it. Don and Poppy have a strong, authentic chemistry together and it played out well on screen with just the duo anchoring today. Kaitlan is back tomorrow, curious to see if the energy feels the same with just her and Don anchoring.

Max and Bianca also seem to have a strong chemistry as well:

twitter.com 

Noticed earlier that the AM segment of Newsroom has been edited and now only shows Jim Scuitto. I’m assuming the take away is that he won’t be joined by a second anchor since Poppy Harlow moved to CNN This Morning.

(24-11-2022, 06:01 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Noticed earlier that the AM segment of Newsroom has been edited and now only shows Jim Scuitto. I’m assuming the take away is that he won’t be joined by a second anchor since Poppy Harlow moved to CNN This Morning.
Good spot. Weird that they changed the title card but not the EPG, which still says “CNN Newsroom with Poppy Harlow and Jim Sciutto”. Early Start, however, has been updated in the EPG to “Early Start with Christine Romans”.

Rahel Solomon is such a great new addition to CNN. She covered for Quest this week so I got to see more of her. I said before she looks so much like Isha Sesay, plus she's a very capable anchor with a pleasant, no-nonsense attitude.

More people like her, CNN, please.

I don't know when this started, but the Hong Kong Newsroom backdrop has been refreshed to have the new features of the refreshed Newsroom branding, so no longer a live shot but it's still Victoria Harbour.

(26-11-2022, 01:34 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  I don't know when this started, but the Hong Kong Newsroom backdrop has been refreshed to have the new features of the refreshed Newsroom branding, so no longer a live shot but it's still Victoria Harbour.

Woah. Do you have a screencap of that? Is it during Newsroom Hong Kong?

(26-11-2022, 01:44 PM)channelmarsy Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 01:34 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  I don't know when this started, but the Hong Kong Newsroom backdrop has been refreshed to have the new features of the refreshed Newsroom branding, so no longer a live shot but it's still Victoria Harbour.

Woah. Do you have a screencap of that? Is it during Newsroom Hong Kong?

On a side note, Kristie seems to be in the studio with the 'old' HK backdrop but very zoomed on the shot (and not the prettiest part of it if I may add!) in given that it is likely displayed on the array of screens in the HK studio.
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • EastCoast

(27-11-2022, 03:20 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 01:44 PM)channelmarsy Wrote:  Woah. Do you have a screencap of that? Is it during Newsroom Hong Kong?

On a side note, Kristie seems to be in the studio with the 'old' HK backdrop but very zoomed on the shot (and not the prettiest part of it if I may add!) in given that it is likely displayed on the array of screens in the HK studio.
www.youtube.com 
So they apparently used the Victoria Harbour backdrop. Anna has the new backdrop and Kristie has the zoomed in liveshot. I assume they are in the same set. Probably the old News Stream set lol

(27-11-2022, 06:39 AM)channelmarsy Wrote:  
(27-11-2022, 03:20 AM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  On a side note, Kristie seems to be in the studio with the 'old' HK backdrop but very zoomed on the shot (and not the prettiest part of it if I may add!) in given that it is likely displayed on the array of screens in the HK studio.
www.youtube.com 
So they apparently used the Victoria Harbour backdrop. Anna has the new backdrop and Kristie has the zoomed in liveshot. I assume they are in the same set. Probably the old News Stream set lol
Anna Coren is likely in the flash set, thus why Kristie has to use the main studio. Though Kristie has been using the main studio for packaged reports to make use of the screens in a stand-up presentation mode.
[-] The following 1 user Likes matthieu1221's post:
  • EastCoast