I had forgotten Newsy moved Natalie Allen from Evenings to mornings. I wouldn't be surprised if Tegna or Gray (especially Gray) in Atlanta would also try to get Robin Meade to do their local morning news. Gray has been throwing money at Atlanta News First, and getting Robin would be a big boost, that or it would bring life to 11Alive. If News Nation wanted Robin, and she wanted to stay in Atlanta, I'm sure Nexstar would find a way to accommodate her, like rent a studio space.

Turning back to CNN, It would be smart (so they probably won't) to have what's left of their Atlanta news programming be done from Studio 7 since Weekend Express is gone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • London Lite

(03-12-2022, 12:08 AM)TMD_24 Wrote:  CNN are doing Election Coverage of the Georgia Senate runoff race on Tuesday but interestingly it's Wolf Blitzer and Erin Burnett listed to present it rather than Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper. I was surprised at first but I wonder I wonder if the reason for use Wolf and Erin instead is down to the fact that there is less riding on this race now Senate control is decided? Had the Senate been a tossup then maybe Jake and Anderson would have been used.

Well the programme description was correct for the first two hours but incorrect for the rest of them as it is actually Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper presenting from 6pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39

(07-12-2022, 12:01 AM)sky303 Wrote:  I had forgotten Newsy moved Natalie Allen from Evenings to mornings. I wouldn't be surprised if Tegna or Gray (especially Gray) in Atlanta would also try to get Robin Meade to do their local morning news. Gray has been throwing money at Atlanta News First, and getting Robin would be a big boost, that or it would bring life to 11Alive. If News Nation wanted Robin, and she wanted to stay in Atlanta, I'm sure Nexstar would find a way to accommodate her, like rent a studio space.

It'd reunite Robin with Maribel Aber who does ANF's biz segments during the 9am hour. Aber was Jennifer Westhoven's stand-in either from New York or Atlanta.

Interesting, it wasn't Wolf who anchored the Election Night runoffs, it was Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper for the main stretch.

He and Erin did appear for the first two hours, but it was the election team with Pamela Brown at the voting desk.

Furthermore, as far as I could tell, CNNI only provided one hour overnight with Rosemary Church in Atlanta. Kasie Hunt anchored coverage and Bianna Golodryga taking over at 4am Eastern.

Newsy/Scripps News feels ideal. As well as their Atlanta location, they wouldn't even need to change the name of their morning show as Morning Rush is about as close to Morning Express as you can get!

Morning Express was in a different league from anything Newsy has done so far - although they've massively upped their game since the purple rebrand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mark's post:
  • EastCoast

(07-12-2022, 10:14 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Interesting, it wasn't Wolf who anchored the Election Night runoffs, it was Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper for the main stretch.

He and Erin did appear for the first two hours, but it was the election team with Pamela Brown at the voting desk.

Furthermore, as far as I could tell, CNNI only provided one hour overnight with Rosemary Church in Atlanta. Kasie Hunt anchored coverage and Bianna Golodryga taking over at 4am Eastern.

CNNI handled 5 hours. You may have missed it, but John Vause provided the "other" news in the first few hours, then Rosemary, and then Bianca in the 4a.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • Newsroom

(06-12-2022, 07:54 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  It feels like the last authentic part of CNN Atlanta production is gone.

Don't forget about CNNI overnights and weekend programming during the first half of the day on Domestic (CNN This Morning Weekend and Fredricka Whitfield's Newsroom hours).

Plus, even with many anchors no longer in Atlanta -- the show teams largely still are.

(07-12-2022, 11:31 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  
(07-12-2022, 10:14 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Interesting, it wasn't Wolf who anchored the Election Night runoffs, it was Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper for the main stretch.

CNNI handled 5 hours.  You may have missed it, but John Vause provided the "other" news in the first few hours, then Rosemary, and then Bianca in the 4a.
I wasn't up all night so thanks for pointing this out. So who anchored the main programming if John Vause did other news? Was it Kasie Hunt overnight?

(07-12-2022, 01:03 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(07-12-2022, 11:31 AM)inletwindow Wrote:  CNNI handled 5 hours.  You may have missed it, but John Vause provided the "other" news in the first few hours, then Rosemary, and then Bianca in the 4a.
I wasn't up all night so thanks for pointing this out. So who anchored the main programming if John Vause did other news? Was it Kasie Hunt overnight?

Yeah -- Kasie Hunt for the first four hours, Bianna Golodryga for the last hour.

I guess it's a sign of what's to come? The return of dual-anchoring with both CNN Domestic and CNNi anchors when the story warrants it.