BBC/ITV London News

First time watching the late ITV London bulletin in a LONG time... the presenter (Sangeeta Kandola) was very good. Reminds me in delivery of Lucy Alexander - now THAT'S a name we've not heard in a long, LONG time. And I can't believe that after all these years, there are STILL separate sponsors for London weekday and weekend weather!

(21-09-2022, 02:02 PM)XIII Wrote:  I assume Octopus Energy's sponsorship of ITV London's weather has ended as wasn't a sponsor sting.

I read somewhere (can't remember where!) that Octopus have ceased all advertising for the time being.

Apologies if I’ve missed it, but when is BBC London News moving into B?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • Superman1986

(02-10-2022, 09:50 PM)Moz Wrote:  Apologies if I’ve missed it, but when is BBC London News moving into B?

Not sure a few weeks away possibly based on a tweet from Kate Kinsella. She was in the studio today.

(30-09-2022, 10:51 PM)Kojak Wrote:  And I can't believe that after all these years, there are STILL separate sponsors for London weekday and weekend weather!

(21-09-2022, 02:02 PM)XIII Wrote:  I assume Octopus Energy's sponsorship of ITV London's weather has ended as wasn't a sponsor sting.

I read somewhere (can't remember where!) that Octopus have ceased all advertising for the time being.
The differing weather sponsors must be the only remaining thing that is appreciable to the viewer at home which indicates the continued existence of split weekday/weekend Channel 3 licences for London.  It does seem like something of an anomaly nowadays.

Interesting to note that, in recent years, both sponsors have *not* been exclusive-to-London. Octopus Energy was simultaneously the weather sponsor for both London Weekday and for Central.

London Weekend Weather's sponsor is/was in tandem with at least West Country and Meridian for the last couple of sponsorship deals (train company GWR, and then Vaillant boilers/heaters).

ITV Cymru Wales Weather was also sponsored by GWR at the same time as those three English regions, at one point. Not sure if they switched to Tranport For Wales sponsorship before, at the same time as, or after Meridian/West Country/London Weekend lost GWR. Nor whether Vaillant ever (even briefly) sponsored between GWR and TFW.

I do wonder how long Charlene White will remain with ITV London? Her profile has increased since becoming the anchor of Loose Women and she's rumoured to be doing IAC which means she'll be away from the programme for some time. Lucrezia is also seen her profile increase to a lesser extent and is doing more outside of ITV News and ITV London such as This Morning.

I would imagine if Charlene were to leave, Lucrezia would be bumped up to main anchor and Duncan Golestani secondary anchor.
[-] The following 2 users Like XIII's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

Wasn’t Lucrezia main anchor for ITV News London for a while?

Nice accidental preview of how Studio B will house BBC London immediately after the Six.

They are rehearsing identical output from B and A as the move into B seems imminent.

I caught this, but available to watch on iPlayer if you rewind the BBC News Channel to 18.33.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, James, SeanS1971, Steve in Pudsey

So now we know how it will be done. The London presenter is standing to the right of the tall column screen behind the desk to the left of the touch screen.
[-] The following 4 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, London Lite, SeanS1971

That explains why there have been random presenters on the main in A, such as Luxmy Gopal from Look North Leeds tonight.

At the end of the Six tonight it looked like Asad Ahmed was in position for BBC London in studio B rather than Luxmy Gopal in studio A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey