BBC/ITV London News

(20-07-2023, 06:40 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Pan-regional London/South/East bulletin now on air. Using the News Channel's red astons for some reason. Does BBC London normally do that?

I'm sure it was said before they don't but this happened on the last BBC News branded combined output.

(20-07-2023, 06:43 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  I'm sure it was said before they don't but this happened on the last BBC News branded combined output.
It was used a couple weeks ago when London and Look East shared a bulletin, due to a technical upgrade at Norwich.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • oscillon

John Hammond providing the weather forecast from one of the London weather studios.

Looks like the bulletin ran a few seconds late, it crashed off air before the outro had finished.

The uncredited presenter didn’t seem to know that loads more regions were taking the late “BBC News” bulletin tonight, it wasn’t just BBC LondonEastSouthSouthEast

(20-07-2023, 10:49 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The uncredited presenter didn’t seem to know that loads more regions were taking the late “BBC News” bulletin tonight, it wasn’t just BBC LondonEastSouthSouthEast

Miranda Schunke who did the now infamous pre-recorded late bulletin which went out across most of England during the last strike which didn't cover the West Ham victory.

From what I've seen of the pan-regional 1830 produced from London, the London lives were all from freelancers (Leyla Hayes & Amelia Harper), there was a live from Milton Keynes covering the NHS strike, one South East Today story with nothing from Southampton at all.

It felt like the combined London/Look East bulletins from a couple of weekends ago with a SET VT tagged on and South Today areas only being featured in the weather bulletin.

Oddly, after the lunchtime news today (21/07/23), the London viewers (like me) got the Meridian news, and from the weather forecast, the version for the South of England.

Sounds like ITN were having a technical meltdown and couldn't play any packages into the national bulletin, presumably they canned the London news as a result

cleanfeed.thetvroom.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • watchingtv

Probably lucky it happened on a day they had a story where talking heads didn't seem unusual. I did catch the last few minutes and just assumed that was the plan.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey