BBC/ITV London News

Yes I didn't see it, but from the Clean Feed write up, they styled it out quite well

BBC London had one of Meteogroup's senior forecasters covering the London forecast at Lunchtime, Gemma Plumb.

(17-08-2023, 06:54 PM)London Lite Wrote:  BBC London had one of Meteogroup's senior forecasters covering the London forecast at Lunchtime, Gemma Plumb.

Would this be the first time since MeteoGroup have supplied the data that the BBC use that actual MeteoGroup meteorologists - not just BBC employed ones - have been used by the BBC?

Looking at my recording of Breakfast from earlier, Gemma did the whole breakfast/lunchtime shift, so was also on Look East and South East Today's early bulletins in addition to lunch on BBC London.

I've been watching ITV London for the last few days and have they always had the bit with a celebrity plugging their book or show? I get it if it's something that's going to be in London or the suburbs but I don't see the point having David Mitchell plugging his book.

(16-09-2023, 12:12 AM)XIII Wrote:  I've been watching ITV London for the last few days and have they always had the bit with a celebrity plugging their book or show? I get it if it's something that's going to be in London or the suburbs but I don't see the point having David Mitchell plugging his book.

It's easy filler for ITV News London when they don't have enough news to fill a 30 minute bulletin. It shouldn't be that hard to fill a half hour bulletin in the nation's capital, but they're heavily reliant on freelancers and the remaining staff correspondents go for the big stories that relate to all Londoners.

No BBC London bulletin at 6.27 during Breakfast, they took South East Today as the usual back-up. Back to normal at 6.57.

Ooops, BBC London news flipped to a sport trailer, a very long pause on the iPlayer logo, and then the start of Newsnight, and then a News24 ticker on it, and then crashing back into London news

What happened on the subtitles while they showed the sport trailer and Newsnight?

(25-09-2023, 10:51 PM)Nobby Wrote:  What happened on the subtitles while they showed the sport trailer and Newsnight?

On iPlayer it seems to have the subtitles for the trailer and newsnight and then back to BBC London