BBC/ITV London News

Interestingly, the subtitles are the proper subtitles from the trailer and Newsnight rather than the BBC London subtitler just subtitling what was being broadcast live.

That sport trailer was the next item after BBC London News so I assume someone moved on to the next item too early and then struggled to get the correct feed back afterwards, selecting BBC News in error.

BBC London was in D for the 6.30 and 10.30 bulletins despite B being in use for the national bulletins.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986

Tuesday lunchtime got Sportsday for 5 mins before crashing into the BBC London bulletin from D.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986

I've been watching ITV London on ITVX on and off and it seems it's only Lucrezia presenting on weekdays at the moment.

(25-01-2024, 02:54 AM)XIII Wrote:  I've been watching ITV London on ITVX on and off and it seems it's only Lucrezia presenting on weekdays at the moment.

Charlene presented on Monday evening.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • XIII

Noticed a strange quirk that affects Politics London.

The main VT which then gets played on the evening BBC London bulletins is in SD during the Sunday morning Politics programme, while when it's played on the news, it's in HD.

It seems to be a similar issue to the problem with the weather from Leeds on Look North NE&C, recorded in HD, then played out in SD, but occasionally Newcastle play it out in HD.

I'm wondering if it's a Juniper issue as they also produce Politics SE from Tunbridge Wells and they use the SD gallery, so wondering if they do some post production in Kent which is then sent back up to D to play out during the Friday afternoon pre-record before BBC London News get the native 1080i copy for Sunday evenings?

(25-02-2024, 07:34 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Noticed a strange quirk that affects Politics London.

The main VT which then gets played on the evening BBC London bulletins is in SD during the Sunday morning Politics programme, while when it's played on the news, it's in HD.

It seems to be a similar issue to the problem with the weather from Leeds on Look North NE&C, recorded in HD, then played out in SD, but occasionally Newcastle play it out in HD.

I'm wondering if it's a Juniper issue as they also produce Politics SE from Tunbridge Wells and they use the SD gallery, so wondering if they do some post production in Kent which is then sent back up to D to play out during the Friday afternoon pre-record before BBC London News get the native 1080i copy for Sunday evenings?

What is Juniper, if I may ask?

Juniper is the production company for London politics show
junipertv.co.uk 

It’s just lost its chief executive…. To be chairman of the BBC
[-] The following 2 users Like Technologist's post:
  • neonemesis, thePineapple

Politics London this weekend has moved into B.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • James, oscillon

Nice bit of archive on ITV London as Sally had a feature and interview with Laura Kenny, actually the third time because she met her 12 years ago, I'd forgotten Sally was a sports reporter all those years ago.