BBC/ITV London News

With the Mayoral Election in May, I wonder we'll be getting any debates or OB from ITV and the BBC. I think with ITVX now established, there is potential to do a debate that is longer than half an hour.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • UTVLifer

(22-03-2024, 08:24 PM)XIII Wrote:  With the Mayoral Election in May, I wonder we'll be getting any debates or OB from ITV and the BBC. I think with ITVX now established, there is potential to do a debate that is longer than half an hour.

I seem to remember the BBC had an opt-out Mayoral debate on BBC One London, while ITV did one during ITV News London in 2021.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • UTVLifer

Politics London returned to D this weekend.

Was good to see ITV London do a rare outside broadcast and special programme on the state of London's nightlife. It is one of the things that makes it feel more local. Hopefully with the Mayoral election, we have more OBs
[-] The following 3 users Like XIII's post:
  • AndrewP, Toby brown, UTVLifer

Just a shame the regions no longer get slots outside of news for such features though guess they'll be far more watched at 6pm than if they were given a slot postNews at Ten or even in primetime.

Maybe it's because it's produced by ITN but ITV News London is very slow getting the 6pm bulletin up on ITVX and today isn't even available. Every other region seems to manage it just fine.

BBC London visited the Crystal Palace tx.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Reith85, thePineapple

That seems like a very random thing to do a package on, it's not tied into any anniversary or similar. Feels more like an August silly season filler.

Looks like the BBC One are showing the London Mayoral debate at 8pm on the 25th April alongside ones in other regions. Must be the first time they've shown one of these debates in a plum slot.

Wonder if ITV are planning one as well?
  • UTVLifer

ITV London's mayoral debate is tomorrow at 6pm
  • London Lite