BBC/ITV London News

(17-10-2022, 06:36 PM)ALV Wrote:  UHHH is this the newly revamped Studio D or one of the World Service studios? Super confused...
[Image: 66ab31c89754a257dec76bfd63170324-png.jpg]
[Image: 6604cb9e1e82be77e230e1d40a440ac2.png]
[Image: 2048e1135ab00df74c5c2ff9b32eecb6-png.jpg]
Whatever studio it is it looks amazing
[-] The following 3 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • bkman1990, Jayesyn, Ma76

But needs some attention to the racking, both the presenter and Sadiq Khan's white clothing are over exposed.

Is the aston animation usually that jerky?

It is very clearly Studio D. Looks quite good for a temporary thing, but I'm not sure it is really cohesive enough for a long-term set.

The fact that they've installed these new screens, combined with the confirmed move of London to B, pretty much confirms my theory that D is going to be used as a several month temporary studio for one of the news channels while a major studio is refurbed. The only other reasons would be that the move to B isn't going ahead or it is going to serve as a secondary studio for the new channel (I had considered that they might move Newsnight back into the main block at some point, but I don't think this is a set-up that would work for Newsnight). That BBC London returned to D only a few weeks before the alleged move to Studio B suggests to me that this is an on air 'test' before the next stage of musical studios starts.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • Ma76, Superman1986

Good to see them back in D and I thought I'd never say that. A real studio is still better than a virtual one in most circumstances.

It looks good, but then now we have a mismatch of different "generations" of set which bugs me a little.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lepeterrr's post:
  • Superman1986

For non-London viewers here who are curious (even though you can watch it on iPlayer anyways...):
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like ALV's post:
  • bkman1990, Independent, watchingtv

Quite weird to see the towers from Studio B (a recreation, no less) in Studio D, and also weird to see a return to D considering they will soon move to B anyways. They'd be better off staying in the virtual set tbh - though D does look good with the towers installed

[Image: bbcone-2022-10-17_19h10_31.png]

(17-10-2022, 07:00 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Good to see them back in D and I thought I'd never say that.  A real studio is still better than a virtual one in most circumstances.

This is certainly true. Though, to be quite honest, being better than the standard Studio A virtual set isn't a particularly high bar. At least we should be in its dying days!

I think this will be a good reference point on how will the refurb'd Studio C and E (and perhaps the horrible AR background of Studio A) look in the future - OTS monitors will be replaced by pillar screens, refreshed lightbox color scheme (white on top, red on bottom)... The ugly photoshopped newsroom backdrop in Studio C will probably be retained though~

At least those two large screens will give London viewers some continuity when they finally move into B.