ITN Nostalgia

On the subject of the JFK assassination, here's something I came across in the ITN film vault several years ago. Just happened to be lying there so I took a photo!

[-] The following 5 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • DE88, lookoutwales, MorganLamia, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

Some nice behind the scenes at Grays Inn Road mostly ITV News and the ITN News Channel from a lunchtime in 2001.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 4 users Like msim's post:
  • AndrewP, Bluecortina, London Lite, Stuart

(02-12-2023, 02:36 PM)msim Wrote:  Some nice behind the scenes at Grays Inn Road mostly ITV News and the ITN News Channel from a lunchtime in 2001.

youtu.be 

This was the era where ITV News were in Studio 2 I believe, they currently use Studio 1, which is the green screen studio they used for the 2001 general election coverage. 

In 2001, ITN had slightly more TV studios in use than now - today we just have Studios 1, 2 and 6 in operation - there were a few more there in 2001.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • JosiahStuart

Well considering what colour the Queen was wearing, it’s a good thing it wasn’t in the green screen studio era.

Disappointing they didn’t get her to guest present.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

(02-12-2023, 04:05 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Well considering what colour the Queen was wearing, it’s a good thing it wasn’t in the green screen studio era.

Even the most 'hardened' of news reporters and management just seem to just 'melt' in her presence. What a woman.

(02-12-2023, 02:57 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  This was the era where ITV News were in Studio 2 I believe, they currently use Studio 1, which is the green screen studio they used for the 2001 general election coverage. 

In 2001, ITN had slightly more TV studios in use than now - today we just have Studios 1, 2 and 6 in operation - there were a few more there in 2001.
For a few more days anyway 😉
[-] The following 1 user Likes newsjunkie's post:
  • Brekkie

(02-12-2023, 10:13 PM)newsjunkie Wrote:  For a few more days anyway 😉

What do you mean?

(02-12-2023, 04:05 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Well considering what colour the Queen was wearing, it’s a good thing it wasn’t in the green screen studio era.

The Queen and Prince Philip presenting ITV News would have certainly been an interesting watch to say the least.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • DE88

(02-12-2023, 11:23 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  The Queen and Prince Philip presenting ITV News would have certainly been an interesting watch to say the least.

Considering MPs presenting "the news" was something we never thought we'd see just a few years ago the possibility of William and Kate fronting a news bulletin in the near future doesn't sound that far fetched.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DE88, Yorksman

(02-12-2023, 10:23 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  What do you mean?
Seen as the weekend bulletins have been coming from the “small desk” so far, it suggests they are doing some work to the main studio - either for Tom Bradbury’s new ITVX News show, or we might be seeing a new look for ITV News from tomorrow. 

That’s what I think he means.