Newsnight

(19-01-2024, 11:48 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Tonight's edition of Newsnight is from Glasgow. This time they're using the atrium rather than a makeshift area of the canteen.

Potentially because BBC Scotland's The Nine was The Seven last night so presumably would have been well clear of the set by the time Newsnight needed in for rehearsals and prep?
[-] The following 2 users Like news junkie's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice

Nice to see Andrew Neil back in Broadcasting House

x.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, Michael 18, Quantum+83, Reith85, thomash79

Newsnight are live on Twitter and they're literally airing Effie Gray on BBC Two right now.
I really am not joking here. See for yourself: twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes callumwatchestelly's post:
  • arbrax

(27-01-2024, 01:29 AM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  Newsnight are live on Twitter and they're literally airing Effie Gray on BBC Two right now.
I really am not joking here. See for yourself: twitter.com 

Oops, looks like someone forgot to turn it off after the programme ended.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 7 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, Nobby, thePineapple, watchingtv

Still going 14 hours later! Is this viewable outside of the UK? BBC Two to the world!
[-] The following 8 users Like soulfulscotsman's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple

(27-01-2024, 03:51 PM)soulfulscotsman Wrote:  Still going 14 hours later! Is this viewable outside of the UK? BBC Two to the world!
It’s viewable in the Republic of Ireland, although we get BBC Two anyway so it’s no big deal for us. It’s mad that they haven’t stopped it by now.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell

It certainly seems to be viewable beyond the UK and Ireland!

I wonder how long it'll be before someone realises.
[-] The following 3 users Like mark's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Roger Darthwell

Perhaps it will be as long as all weekend - if they don’t notice until they go to switch off the feed after Newsnight ends on Monday!
[-] The following 5 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, Roger Darthwell, watchingtv

Still going at 0925 Monday morning...!
[-] The following 7 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • AJB39, interestednovice, Nobby, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, TJTSW, UTVLifer

Weirdly, when I click on that link now I see a freeze frame of what is currently going out on BBC Two (Politics Live), but then I'm taken to a stream of "The Traitors: Uncloaked", which apparently 1,807 people are watching!
[-] The following 2 users Like soulfulscotsman's post:
  • interestednovice, TJTSW