Newsnight

Re: my post above.... I realise now that the stream is gone, leaving a lovely 61 hours and 36 minutes of archived BBC Two to watch on-demand.

Seems to have been stopped mid way through Politics Live on Monday lunchtime.
[-] The following 4 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, Roger Darthwell

(30-01-2024, 01:30 AM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  Seems to have been stopped mid way through Politics Live on Monday lunchtime.
Perhaps it gained sentience and thought 'even on Twitter, I'm not broadcasting that'.
[-] The following 8 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, Happy2001, RhysJR, Stuart, thePineapple, thomash79

How would something like this even be dealt with? Presumably as the beeb doesn't have worldwide rights to a lot of the content (films, cartoons, sport), would they have to pay a fine to the owners? Or would an apology be enough if say they only had 500 or so people watching?

(30-01-2024, 11:20 AM)TIGHazard Wrote:  How would something like this even be dealt with? Presumably as the beeb doesn't have worldwide rights to a lot of the content (films, cartoons, sport), would they have to pay a fine to the owners? Or would an apology be enough if say they only had 500 or so people watching?

They'll probably just hope no one outside of this forum noticed. When I checked in on Saturday afternoon, the viewer counter was at zero. Very much a "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" situation.

Happy 44th birthday to Newsnight. Will it see it many more remains in question sadly.

x.com 
[-] The following 11 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, DE88, interestednovice, lookoutwales, NickyBoy, Reith85, Rolling News, Stuart, TIGHazard, UTVLifer

Was just about to say I didn't know Newsnight was on in the 1970s before realising 44 years ago was in fact 1980 😮
[-] The following 9 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, DE88, interestednovice, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, thePineapple, Transmission, xlalonce

(31-01-2024, 12:19 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Happy 44th birthday to Newsnight. Will it see it many more remains in question sadly.
After 44 years they're still running with the 'working title' of Newsnight. Tongue
[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, DE88, interestednovice, lookoutwales, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News

(31-01-2024, 12:19 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Happy 44th birthday to Newsnight. Will it see it many more remains in question sadly.

x.com 

Thanks for sharing that, what a fascinating Twitter/X thread.
[-] The following 3 users Like NickyBoy's post:
  • DE88, interestednovice, RhysJR

Thought those documents seemed familiar (from the BBC Written Archive)

Stuart produced a package about the prolonged run-up to Newsnight's launch for its 40th anniversary.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Stuart