Newsnight

Newsnight now appear to have developed a blue/pink style 'elexagon' to surround their programme logo for election discussions.

[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice, Michael 18

Since the New Year there’s been a notable decrease in the number of packaged reports from the field on Newsnight - no doubt due to budget cuts.

More items seem to be introduced by reporters like Ben Chu and Nick Watt in the studio with either library footage / clips of talking heads on the Newsnight wall.

Recorded reports do help break the programme up and give the presenter time to move on to the next item.

I did chuckle this evening at VD trying to bring up the newspaper front pages from her studio iPad at the end of Newsnight.

"I just need to put in my passcode. It's six zeros if you're interested" Tongue
[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, James, RhysJR, Rolling News, thePineapple, UTVLifer

New Executive Editor for Newsnight

x.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, Omnipresent, Reith85, RhysJR

I noticed that on Friday night Newsnight were squatting in what looks like either Studio L or 34D for the evening.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice

Interesting suggestion by Matt Deegan on The Media Podcast that given the new editor's background with Newscast that Newsnight could also become a podcast when it transfers fully to a nightly debate format. Though you'd think there would be too much overlap with Newscast.
[-] The following 2 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • AndrewP, Michael 18

(16-03-2024, 02:11 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Interesting suggestion by Matt Deegan on The Media Podcast that given the new editor's background with Newscast that Newsnight could also become a podcast when it transfers fully to a nightly debate format. Though you'd think there would be too much overlap with Newscast.
Wouldn't be surprising - given it will just be people talking, it really will just be an overly produced podcast anyway. Indeed, that's what's so weird about non-network bulletin TV news right now - it's so fantastically unvisual and a waste of the medium.

Nicely handled by Victoria ….

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • interestednovice

But, but it was chaos, it fell off air. The Daily Mail said so, and they wouldn't lie to denigrate the BBC, would they? Wink

www.dailymail.co.uk 
[-] The following 6 users Like agemame's post:
  • AndrewP, arbrax, callumwatchestelly, interestednovice, RhysJR, Rolling News

(19-03-2024, 02:31 PM)agemame Wrote:  But, but it was chaos, it fell off air. The Daily Mail said so, and they wouldn't lie to denigrate the BBC, would they? Wink

www.dailymail.co.uk 

And Victoria has rightfully called them out on this

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, GMc, interestednovice, Rolling News