Newsnight

(01-02-2023, 12:04 AM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Mild amusement on Newsnight just now as Lord Baker’s mobile kept going off during an interview and Victoria had to keep rejecting the calls for him.
Mild? Pretty hilarious. I did wonder if it was a prank as he asked Victoria to turn it on silent, that didn't work and she ended up saying Oh god' or something to the effect. It was either sat on or passed to Nick Watt. 

Very amusing chap!

You'd think that they'd make people leave their phones off set. It's not a common occurence, but certainly has happened enough for some sort of protocol to be put in place. Plus politicians could hardly object - in Downing Street there's a whole unit in the entrance lobby for people to place their mobiles as they're not allowed in the building.

For those who didn’t see it…

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • IanJRedman

Another minor presentation tweak on Newsnight with the use of a split screen between Victoria and guests during a studio debate.

Kirsty is presenting half of the show from Glasgow tonight (with Victoria in London), but as the atrium set is being used for the RepScot late bulletin, we’ve gone back to the 2020 makeshift set-up in the PQ canteen

For some undisclosed reason Newsnight is from Cardiff today (and Victoria did not acknowledge or mention it at the start of the program).

[Image: image.png]
Given that the main story of the day is from Scotland, looks like a mismatch. All the guests ended up being DTL.

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • UTVLifer

Rather nice slightly extended theme music (which I've not heard before) for the ending of Newsnight last night. Furthermore, the world and their husband/wife seem to have been credited for this particular edition of the programme, which is always nice to see.
youtu.be 
[-] The following 9 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Andrew R, DE88, harshy, JosiahStuart, mokked, Reith85, sky303, TVHead, xlalonce

It looks as though 54D has gained two extra screens. The other two larger ones with the huge 'trolley wheels' are still there in the middle area of the studio between the desk and sofa. They may all be the same size, I suppose it's a matter of perspective, but certainly the bases are different.

[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, harshy, JosiahStuart, thePineapple

A feature I saw on Newsnight for the first time tonight, guests in the "Newsnight Green Room" in NBH in the opener.
[-] The following 4 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • AndrewP, oscillon, Quantum+83, Stuart

(04-07-2023, 10:35 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  A feature I saw on Newsnight for the first time tonight, guests in the "Newsnight Green Room" in NBH in the opener.

For anyone who missed it

[Image: BBC-NN-Green-Room.png]

Also, they did not name anyone in this room during the announcement of the upcoming program (they frequently specifically announce who they will be interviewing); they ended up interviewing the rightmost gentleman separately in the "desk" area and three remaining individuals constituted a panel in the "sofa" area.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • Omnipresent, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer