Newsnight

What an interesting and innovative idea! Let's have a panel discussion featuring three people who appear on panel discussions on pretty much every other BBC current affairs programme. Honestly, do the BBC have these people on some sort of retainer?
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • LDN, Quantum+83, Stuart

I thought it worked quite well, enjoyed the Newsnight Whiteboard also. It's good to do things a bit differently every now and again rather than sticking to a rigid formula night after night.
[-] The following 2 users Like thomalex's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Quantum+83

The Newsnight whiteboard has been an occasional feature for a while.

Although Newsnight is far from the worst offender and at least steers away from full time attention seekers / contrarians, the panel of pundits format is so widely used the BBC really should be moving away from it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omnipresent's post:
  • thePineapple

(05-07-2023, 09:30 AM)thomalex Wrote:  I thought it worked quite well, enjoyed the Newsnight Whiteboard also. It's good to do things a bit differently every now and again rather than sticking to a rigid formula night after night.
No, it really doesn't.

"I've got a nice large LED screen here, but rather than use that and a clicker to change images, I'm going to wheel in this whiteboard from the conference room down the corridor." 

Even when Newsnight began in 1980 from Lime Grove they weren't that retro. Angry

They've a better sofa in the green room than in the studio.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Jayesyn, Moz, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Stuart

(05-07-2023, 10:55 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  They've a better sofa in the green room than in the studio.
They do, but half of it is the wrong colour Tongue

(05-07-2023, 10:32 AM)Stuart Wrote:  No, it really doesn't.

"I've got a nice large LED screen here, but rather than use that and a clicker to change images, I'm going to wheel in this whiteboard from the conference room down the corridor." 

Even when Newsnight began in 1980 from Lime Grove they weren't that retro. Angry

Couldn’t disagree more. I loved it and probably paid attention better because of it.

When I’m doing presentations I often mix things up with a flip chart rather than hours of death by PowerPoint. I’ve even been known to bring out an old overhead projector and acetate slides despite having a perfectly decent data projector and laptop. It wakes people up and people have said it’s a nice touch.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 4 users Like Moz's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, cando, London Lite, Pete

(05-07-2023, 02:41 PM)Moz Wrote:  Couldn’t disagree more. I loved it and probably paid attention better because of it.

When I’m doing presentations I often mix things up with a flip chart rather than hours of death by PowerPoint. I’ve even been known to bring out an old overhead projector and acetate slides despite having a perfectly decent data projector and laptop. It wakes people up and people have said it’s a nice touch.
Whilst I have never liked 'death by PowerPoint' I think I'd find your presentations an interesting solution to insomnia, Moz. Tongue

If I'm on a training course and someone appears with a flip chart, I use the next tea break to begin searching for an impromptu dental, optician or GP appointment that day. Big Grin

Joe Pike made his debut on Newsnight tonight as Insight & Investigations Editor.
[-] The following 5 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • AJB39, Former Member 237, Quantum+83, Reith85, UTVLifer

(12-07-2023, 11:04 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  Joe Pike made his debut on Newsnight tonight as Insight & Investigations Editor.

Another of Sky News’ abandoning ship… what do Comcast actually have in mind for the channel when the funding ends??
[-] The following 2 users Like JayCasey's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer