The LBC Thread

Interesting news coming from The News Agents podcast in that Dino Sofos & Persephonica have departed.

Seems there was an issue round Persephonica launching another political podcast away from the Global fold.

deadline.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • Omnipresent

Almost inevitable that one of the News Agents trio would eventually end up on LBC, and in this case, Lewis Goodall is taking over Sunday mornings from David Lammy.

radiotoday.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • UTVLifer

He's been doing Friday Evenings (6-9pm I believe) since the podcast launched. Am surprised we've not had the other 2 pop up on LBC at all though...
[-] The following 3 users Like Ash101's post:
  • lookoutwales, MLehon, UTVLifer

(29-04-2024, 12:20 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  He's been doing Friday Evenings (6-9pm I believe) since the podcast launched. Am surprised we've not had the other 2 pop up on LBC at all though...

I thought the plan when they signed up to Global was for Maitlis and Sopel to do some work on LBC. I've heard Jon as a guest a couple of times, but not Emily. She's not available for them for the General Election as she'll be on Channel 4

(29-04-2024, 02:12 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I thought the plan when they signed up to Global was for Maitlis and Sopel to do some work on LBC. I've heard Jon as a guest a couple of times, but not Emily. She's not available for them for the General Election as she'll be on Channel 4

Indeed - the original press release says:

"The journalists will front a major new podcast for Global Player, as well as hosting a show together on LBC and providing commentary and analysis for lbc.co.uk"

global.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • RhysJR, Stooky Bill

Vanessa Feltz joins LBC for weekend shows

twitter.com 

Which in turn means that after much social media speculation in recent weeks, Sangita Myska has left LBC.

global.com 

Other changes see Iain Dale add a Friday night show and Ali Miraj gets two shows each weekend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • Toby brown

I've always wondered if they are there "in reserve" for when Ferrari retires.

Looking forward to working with Vanessa finally, as well as continuing to work with Ali Miraj.

Just for clarity, I worked with Sangita from 2022-2024, and previously Maajid Nawaz from 2021-2022.

I don’t know the ins and outs as to why Sangita is no longer on LBC but she is a fantastic and standout broadcaster, and I will miss her dearly.
[-] The following 4 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • House, LDN, RhysJR, thePineapple

(Yesterday, 10:34 AM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Which in turn means that after much social media speculation in recent weeks, Sangita Myska has left LBC.

What was the background to that? I saw one or two faux-outraged comments around Twitter but didn't pay any attention.