Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

Honey. Along with apples a traditional treat.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • bkman1990, Stooky Bill

(23-09-2022, 10:50 AM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Hopefully this is the appropriate thread to mention this - RXTV reports that Channel 4 HD will move to the more prominent 104 slot on Sky and Freesat next Tuesday, as regionalised variants launch on satellite:

rxtvinfo.com 

Mod Note: Link updated as seems RXTV changed it to add Virgin after this was originally posted.

Sorry to quote my own post - an update:

The change has taken place on Sky and Virgin, but is yet to materialise on Freesat; for whatever reason it's still in testing.

Channel 4 was named Channel of the Year 2022 at the Edinburgh Television Awards back on Thursday 25th August. The animated captions first seen back in 2016 have made a comeback.

theident.gallery 
Web Image

[Image: tig96x96.png]

Channel 4 are planning on launching a new brand, Channel 4.0, aimed at targeting to 13-24 year olds on YouTube and social media platforms, presumably TikTok?

www.youtube.com 

variety.com 

Will be interesting to see how this goes, likely an (unofficial) evolution of the "T4" brand.
[-] The following 2 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Ma76, Roger Darthwell

(19-10-2022, 09:43 PM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  Channel 4 are planning on launching a new brand, Channel 4.0, aimed at targeting to 13-24 year olds on YouTube and social media platforms, presumably TikTok?

www.youtube.com 
variety.com 

Will be interesting to see how this goes, likely an (unofficial) evolution of the "T4" brand.

This makes me wonder something......couldn't they have just relaunched T4 instead? Also I would love to see if this new Channel 4.0 will also end up on some slots on TV like T4 used to do

Why would they relaunch T4? As a brand it means literally nothing to the target audience, it has zero value in this respect.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • ConorM98, Roger Darthwell

They've Googled 'Channel 4 logo' and used the 1982 one, haven't they?
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • AxG

(19-10-2022, 10:03 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Why would they relaunch T4? As a brand it means literally nothing to the target audience, it has zero value in this respect.

Because I simply thought that T4 was already a brand that catered to younger people, that's all. To be fair though thinking about it the name Channel 4.0 does make sense, this is Channel 4's 40th anniversary year after all

(19-10-2022, 10:03 PM)gottago Wrote:  They've Googled 'Channel 4 logo' and used the 1982 one, haven't they?

Yes, that is indeed what they did, this is similar to BBC departements getting the wrong BBC logo off the Internet, sad to see that this happens tom Channel 4 as well

www.youtube.com 

Hold on a second......this unlisted (as for now) video is from the 23rd of September 2021! How is this possible? There are even comments under this video

There are methods of moving videos, including comments and views data, to a new Brand Account Channel, I believe. So this was likely on a different c4 owned account previously and they've moved it and added a new custom thumbnail.
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Roger Darthwell

(20-10-2022, 02:32 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  There are methods of moving videos, including comments and views data, to a new Brand Account Channel, I believe. So this was likely on a different c4 owned account previously and they've moved it and added a new custom thumbnail.
Using Web Archive, I can find that this was on Channel 4's YouTube channel before it was moved to Channel 4.0, which turns out, is a 5 part series.

Odd to be using older material but I suppose you know, move it to a place where it makes sense I guess?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Roger Darthwell
Thread Closed