Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

Appreciate that they may have wanted to promote the HD version of the channel now being the defaulted version. But given this change happened back in late-September, wouldn't have expected the large DOG to have lasted this far.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

Good to see Channel 4 has finally god rid of that huge HD tag. Watched it earlier and it's so much better without it.
[-] The following 4 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • CocuGrimshaw2001, insert_good_username_here, Ma76, Spencer

(02-03-2023, 02:47 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Good to see Channel 4 has finally god rid of that huge HD tag. Watched it earlier and it's so much better without it.

It always seemed odd they kept it so long. It reminded me of Thames still having ‘Colour Production’ on its endcaps as late as 1989.

Looks like they haven't removed the HD tag from the Channel 4 DOG when it's on the right side (sports coverage etc.)

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 5 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, Ma76, watchingtv

Channel 4's having a bit of issues with F1 currently
[-] The following 3 users Like dbl's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, watchingtv

The 4 HD DOG has returned for the F1 from Bahrain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • interestednovice

(04-03-2023, 08:52 PM)Josh Wrote:  Looks like they haven't removed the HD tag from the Channel 4 DOG when it's on the right side (sports coverage etc.)

Probably a template oversight!

Knowing how long it took for them to even get subtitles working properly after their playout issues in recent times, I wouldn't expect that mistake to be corrected quickly!

Did you hear that? The microphone was left open at the start of The Piano and we heard the CA, who had just done a live content warning, for a second or two. She was rustling paper!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • Juicy Joe

Channel 4 DOG 4:3 safe during Four In A Bed for some reason.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hybrid's post:
  • DeMarkay

(11-03-2023, 12:39 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  Channel 4 DOG 4:3 safe during Four In A Bed for some reason.
More issues now on The Simpsons, on HD the +1 DOG is being used, and on SD there is no DOG at all (there’s also a promotional DOG in the top right corner, though I doubt this is related to the problem).
Thread Closed