Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

C4 going quite heavy with promoting Rise and Fall with an in-programme DOG. E4 have done that quite often, but first time I've seen C4 do it - and it is fairly discrete which makes a change for such things.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, UTVLifer

Slight mishap at the end of 24 Hours in Police Custody just now. CA announced the usual "support information can be found at channel4.com/support" over the credits before a slide with the same information came up straight after, leading to the CA repeating herself.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

This morning’s episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond (season 3) have all been shown in HD, meaning they’ve finally acquired the remastered versions instead of the 4:3 versions we’ve had for years. The DOG hasn’t been updated to reflect this though, and is still in the 4:3 safe zone.

I wonder if this could lead to other shows getting new HD prints, such as King of Queens and Simpsons (though hopefully not for the latter).

That must be one of the most repeated shows on the traditional five channels at least. Indeed the shows in that breakfast slot haven't changed much since they launched it other than adding Cheers and Frasier a few years later. The funny thing is I don't remember it being much of big deal over here when it originally aired in the US - indeed who did premiere it in the UK?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(25-03-2023, 09:29 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That must be one of the most repeated shows on the traditional five channels at least.  Indeed the shows in that breakfast slot haven't changed much since they launched it other than adding Cheers and Frasier a few years later.    The funny thing is I don't remember it being much of big deal over here when it originally aired in the US - indeed who did premiere it in the UK?
I think it started out on Paramount Comedy (as it was known back then). Though it's been on Channel 4 in the mornings for, what, close to two decades now?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Brekkie

Just an observation, but I find it very odd that shows like Frasier, which were once primetime staples for Channel 4 on a Friday night, have ended up as morning fodder.

(25-03-2023, 09:29 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That must be one of the most repeated shows on the traditional five channels at least.  Indeed the shows in that breakfast slot haven't changed much since they launched it other than adding Cheers and Frasier a few years later.    The funny thing is I don't remember it being much of big deal over here when it originally aired in the US - indeed who did premiere it in the UK?

3rd Rock From the Sun is currently airing weekdays just before 7am not sure when that first was added to the sitcom mix. They have some bizarre scheduling with these shows in the mornings. They'll often re-wind back to the first series of a programme once they get to the end of one and replace it after a couple of episodes with something else and then return to the show they replaced continuing where they picked up from.

On weekends, They repeat The Simpsons episodes from Saturday morning again the next morning.

I don't know when it was added but I remember 3rd Rock From the Sun was briefly removed from Channel 4 and ended up on 5Star and possibly Comedy Central. Not sure what the point was, it was moved around on 5Star constantly and it was very shortly back on Channel 4 like nothing happened.
[-] The following 2 users Like SB678's post:
  • Gary Baldy, JasonB

This mornings episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond were back to 4:3 mode perhaps from a different season this morning. I know on the DVD box set of Everybody Loves Raymond the show is widescreen from season three onwards.

(26-03-2023, 07:46 AM)SB678 Wrote:  I don't know when it was added but I remember 3rd Rock From the Sun was briefly removed from Channel 4 and ended up on 5Star and possibly Comedy Central. Not sure what the point was, it was moved around on 5Star constantly and it was very shortly back on Channel 4 like nothing happened.

You sure it wasn't on all of them? 

I remember when Scrubs was on, it was on a load of different channels at once- Sky One, Pick, Comedy Central, C4 etc

3rd Rock from the Sun has definitely been on Channel 4 and Comedy Central simultaneously before, as has Everybody Loves Raymond (obviously not in the exact same timeslots, but at the same period)- can't say I ever recall it on 5Star though.
Thread Closed