Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(29-03-2023, 10:53 PM)orange Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 07:33 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  I'm shrugging a bit over the "two logos" argument. Let's not kid ourselves - only weirdos like us would notice the difference between the two. If some struggle to tell the new BBC logo apart from the old one, they won't have the chance with the Channel 4 logos.

There wasn’t really much of an argument to begin with - I did say it wasn’t the end of the world or anything drastically different, it’s moreso the actual decision to roll it out when they did that was actually puzzling me. If the differences are that unremarkable then why hurry to roll it out? Would it not make far more sense to just do it all in one go like they have done previously? 

I understand they had a mission to get the Channel 4 logo on screen more, but I don’t get why they had to do it in such urgency that they brought out a bit of interim pres consisting of just one generic ident.
IME a lot of these decisions are often made on a whim, usually that of one or two people very high up. I suspect a head honcho at C4 put out some edict or other saying that the logo must be seen on screen more, with immediate effect. This ident was thus commissioned - it was probably knocked up in an afternoon - and then I’d imagine, put on air quickly. The whole process likely took place in a very short timeframe.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • benzj, insert_good_username_here, thomalex

Surely they should've at least made a matching promo endboard too?

(30-03-2023, 12:40 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Surely they should've at least made a matching promo endboard too?

You're getting it wrong, the rebrand is yet to come and they're working on it.

This is just an "appetizer"
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kunst's post:
  • DeMarkay

Nice of them to promote 'more Frasier coming next' on the ECP after The Simpsons.

Assuming someone just pressed the wrong button with the pre-recorded links.

ECPs have broken down on C4 after The Simpsons as one shows a frozen image from a Late Night Lycett promo and another stuck on a frame of one the Hollyoaks Vinted sponsorship bumpers.

Not entirely pres related, but it was confirmed that when Steph’s Packed Lunch returns on 17 April, it will now start at 12:00pm and run until 2:10pm. Not sure whether this coincides with something else or a slight tweak to the morning schedule.

A special version of the new ident to promote Scared Of The Dark next week. Ident just cut to black with text at the bottom.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(09-04-2023, 10:02 PM)Josh Wrote:  A special version of the new ident to promote Scared Of The Dark next week. Ident just cut to black with text at the bottom.

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]

Quite a cool concept but the execution was a little corny for my liking, if i’m honest.
[-] The following 2 users Like orange's post:
  • Kojak, SunburntRock89

(09-04-2023, 10:35 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  
(09-04-2023, 10:02 PM)Josh Wrote:  A special version of the new ident to promote Scared Of The Dark next week. Ident just cut to black with text at the bottom.

theident.gallery 

It would have been better if after a few seconds of darkness we saw the Channel 4 appearing again this time illuminating like a torch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hybrid's post:
  • DeMarkay
Thread Closed