Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(20-04-2023, 10:40 AM)Thames1985 Wrote:  May I ask if anyone knows when the rebrand will take place on the channel 4 channels

As far as I know, nothing has been announced.
You would assume something must be imminent though, given the rebrand of the iOS app. But who knows.

(20-04-2023, 12:23 PM)gav Wrote:  
(20-04-2023, 10:40 AM)Thames1985 Wrote:  May I ask if anyone knows when the rebrand will take place on the channel 4 channels

You would assume something must be imminent though, given the rebrand of the iOS app. But who knows.
To be fair, the last couple of rebrands pretty much came out of nowhere. I expect there won't really be an announcement as such - it will just happen one day.

(17-04-2023, 03:02 PM)thomalex Wrote:  It’s all very… green. And I think colour is going to be a key part of the new identity which each service getting a distinct colour. This is probably what is signified by the 4 flying through various coloured boxes in the recent ident. 

From the recent ident I’m thinking:

Channel 4 (online player) - Green

Channel 4 (linear channel) - Blue
E4 - Purple
More4 - Yellow
Film4 - Orange
4Music - Pink

I also continue to be surprised by the hold that 4OD has. It really was a brand that stuck.

Film4 could use a pastel red since red's been their colour since launch.

Any idea what the channels will be referred as? Channel 4 E, Channel 4 More, Channel 4 Film? Or 4E, 4More, 4Film?

(20-04-2023, 01:37 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Any idea what the channels will be referred as? Channel 4 E, Channel 4 More, Channel 4 Film? Or 4E, 4More, 4Film?
I'm pretty sure E4 is keeping its name.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Juicy Joe

(20-04-2023, 12:23 PM)gav Wrote:  

It's possible that it'll be like 2015 again. It just happens out of nowhere, which would be very Channel 4.
I remember when 2015's rebrand just launched with no announcement.

(20-04-2023, 12:45 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(20-04-2023, 12:23 PM)gav Wrote:  As far as I know, nothing has been announced.
To be fair, the last couple of rebrands pretty much came out of nowhere. I expect there won't really be an announcement as such - it will just happen one day.

The block man idents were revealed through some sort of questionnaire though I think, so I wouldn't say they came out of nowhere.
But I agree, there's unlikely to an an official announcement that it's on the way, but the poster asked if anyone knows when it's happening, so I was just trying to address that - nobody does.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gav's post:
  • Kojak

(20-04-2023, 02:35 PM)gav Wrote:  
(20-04-2023, 12:45 PM)Kojak Wrote:  To be fair, the last couple of rebrands pretty much came out of nowhere. I expect there won't really be an announcement as such - it will just happen one day.

The block man idents were revealed through some sort of questionnaire though I think, so I wouldn't say they came out of nowhere.
But I agree, there's unlikely to an an official announcement that it's on the way, but the poster asked if anyone knows when it's happening, so I was just trying to address that - nobody does.

Indeed, the block man made his "debut" in a Core 4 survey. Yours truly received a royal bollocking from them for leaking it on YouTube. Nevertheless, it's not much different to where we are now, where we're expecting a rebrand but we're none the wiser about when it's due.

(16-04-2023, 12:12 PM)News76 Wrote:  twitter.com 

(20-04-2023, 02:05 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  
(20-04-2023, 12:23 PM)gav Wrote:  As far as I know, nothing has been announced.

It's possible that it'll be like 2015 again. It just happens out of nowhere, which would be very Channel 4.

It can hardly ''come out of nowhere'' when we've known about it already for 5 months and the current stop-gap idents are a teaser campaign for it.

To be honest, I'm really excited to see the planned artist-made idents. It'll be yet another refreshing take on the classic logo we all know.
Thread Closed