Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

Hopefully the one introduced in November disappears when the new look launches - the animation has never looked great IMO. However as it's now been incorporated into the on demand start up (and looks just as bad) I suspect it may be staying.

Agree continuity across the board is now so formulaic and has lost what made British TV unique, so if C4 are going to go further down that route I'd actually rather they embrace it and effectively abandon the traditional TV ident in favour of a package which works much better with such a style of presentation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • orange

It's daytime, not the highest in audience volume for the day, so it makes sense for the links to push to All...I mean Channel 4 (app) - hence why it's generic to avoid referencing a show that might be affected by a schedule change, and that link can be used at different points of the schedule.

Even countries that don't have continuity in a UK sense, have Navigation (IPPs, DOGs, Menus, Squeezes) so it's not redundant, especially for messages that have a shorter turn around time.

(19-04-2023, 04:49 PM)ethanh05 Wrote:  Now that they're logged on the excellent TV Home, you can see how repetitive and pre-recorded Channel 4 continuity is now. Some of the scripts I'm pretty sure I've already heard before anyway.

The scheduling of the idents is largely copy & paste, such as www.tvhome.co.uk  with an edit of the Hilltops one seemingly relegated to overnights. The White Cliffs one was obviously dropped at some point too.

Most of the morning continuity seems to be a plug for All 4, although I see they do always make the effort with a "good morning" at 6am, including one recently about it being the 107th day of the year  Smile

Hopefully we're not too far off seeing what's next.

(21-04-2023, 02:20 PM)Asa Wrote:  ...including one recently about it being the 107th day of the year  Smile
Funny you talk of copy-and-paste, because they used the exact same announcement the day later word for word (albeit with the dates swapped out)!

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Are some of the E4's (and other Ch4 channels) break bumpers being replaced with the Channel 4 generic version? I noticed a Ch4 breakbumper into the break & and an E4 one at the end, during 'The Farmer Wants A Wife.'

(21-04-2023, 08:14 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Are some of the E4's (and other Ch4 channels) break bumpers being replaced with the Channel 4 generic version? I noticed a Ch4 breakbumper into the break & and an E4 one at the end, during 'The Farmer Wants A Wife.'

I've been noticing that too, mostly with E4 as my mother tends to watch MAFS Australia.

I noticed that same thing happening on More4 last week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes what's post:
  • Juicy Joe

(21-04-2023, 08:25 PM)what Wrote:  I noticed that same thing happening on More4 last week.

Yeah me too for E4.

Are they just renaming everything as Channel 4? Wink

The live promo for Late Night Lycett failing to come to air just now, blank screen apart from a few frames at the end.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • Nobby
Thread Closed