Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(21-04-2023, 08:14 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Are some of the E4's (and other Ch4 channels) break bumpers being replaced with the Channel 4 generic version? I noticed a Ch4 breakbumper into the break & and an E4 one at the end, during 'The Farmer Wants A Wife.'

If that's the case then there will be a lot of confusion. It's like having multiple feeds of the same channel, but each feed has a different programme.

(21-04-2023, 02:20 PM)Asa Wrote:  
(19-04-2023, 04:49 PM)ethanh05 Wrote:  Now that they're logged on the excellent TV Home, you can see how repetitive and pre-recorded Channel 4 continuity is now. Some of the scripts I'm pretty sure I've already heard before anyway.

The scheduling of the idents is largely copy & paste, such as www.tvhome.co.uk  with an edit of the Hilltops one seemingly relegated to overnights. The White Cliffs one was obviously dropped at some point too.

Most of the morning continuity seems to be a plug for All 4, although I see they do always make the effort with a "good morning" at 6am, including one recently about it being the 107th day of the year  Smile

Hopefully we're not too far off seeing what's next.

Little late on this but even announcements for certain episodes of shows get repeated. The TV Home recording to the 18:00 junction to The Simpsons featured an announcement to a Treehouse of Horror, which has been used since at least... 2019. (I think) 

youtu.be 

(21-04-2023, 08:25 PM)what Wrote:  I noticed that same thing happening on More4 last week.
I’ve also seen this on Film 4 last week.

Does anyone think Channel 4 will rebrand at 9pm Sunday immediately before 'Derren Brown: Showman'? An altogether different prestige programme? Similar to when the blockman was introduced prior to The Great British Bake Off 4-5 years ago?

I don't expect them to rebrand this week - but I would say at the end of April, or the beginning of May.

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'
[-] The following 5 users Like BlueFrog's post:
  • chrisdafur, DeMarkay, Edogawa Ranpo, thomalex, UTVLifer

Coronation day maybe also prestigious

(22-04-2023, 10:48 PM)Torpido Wrote:  Coronation day maybe also prestigious
To roll out new branding? I thought most broadcasters tended to stick to Tuesday-Thursday rather than a bank holiday weekend.

And their viewing figures would likely be lower than usual that day. Not a good day to do it at all.

(22-04-2023, 12:28 PM)Ashley Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 08:25 PM)what Wrote:  I noticed that same thing happening on More4 last week.
I’ve also seen this on Film 4 last week.

They've been doing it a couple of months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • CATV

(23-04-2023, 06:01 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  And their viewing figures would likely be lower than usual that day. Not a good day to do it at all.

I have a feeling it'll probably come out of nowhere on a Friday like the outgoing rebrand.
I was not expecting a rebrand on the day the blocks finally broke free.
Thread Closed