Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

[Image: ILZHwAE.png]

The website has now been updated with the green logo along with Channel 4 in the TV guide which indicates that it will be the colour for the TV channel as well.

Also I really hope we soon see the back of the other logos with names jammed into the 4 blocks which I've never liked. You can hardly make out the 4 on the E4 logo here for example.
[-] The following 3 users Like thomalex's post:
  • chrisdafur, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

You can see what they were trying to do with the E4 logo but it pales in comparison to the original from 2001. I can see them keeping red for Film4 and Purple for E4, perhaps More4 and 4seven will move away from their existing colours.

(24-04-2023, 10:18 PM)cable Wrote:  You can see what they were trying to do with the E4 logo but it pales in comparison to the original from 2001. I can see them keeping red for Film4 and Purple for E4, perhaps More4 and 4seven will move away from their existing colours.
But E4's idents were pretty nice!

"Please stand by for further details, as we return you now to your regularly scheduled program. Hopefully."

(24-04-2023, 10:18 PM)cable Wrote:  You can see what they were trying to do with the E4 logo but it pales in comparison to the original from 2001. I can see them keeping red for Film4 and Purple for E4, perhaps More4 and 4seven will move away from their existing colours.
It's odd that More 4's logo is green there - it's probably that colour because their original logo was, but on-air, it's multicoloured, because they needed to try and match the old (and still in use!) idents which were based on the channel's then-current second logo.

4seven's idents are similar to the Channel 4 ones from two packages ago where the logo appears in live action/CGI. As such they have no specific colour on their idents either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • benzj

They've finally moved Channel 4 HD to 104 on Freesat.

Edit: E4 Extra is apparently now on 126, my guide is still showing it on 181
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisdafur's post:
  • Nobby

(24-04-2023, 10:03 PM)thomalex Wrote:  [Image: ILZHwAE.png]

The website has now been updated with the green logo along with Channel 4 in the TV guide which indicates that it will be the colour for the TV channel as well.

Also I really hope we soon see the back of the other logos with names jammed into the 4 blocks which I've never liked. You can hardly make out the 4 on the E4 logo here for example.
I hope they keep them - they're familiar enough now and another change of logo in just a few years for a company that doesn't routinely change logos isn't a great idea.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, chaose

now they just need to restore the channel 4 app on freesat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • chrisdafur

(25-04-2023, 09:33 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  
It's odd that More 4's logo is green there - it's probably that colour because their original logo was, but on-air, it's multicoloured, because they needed to try and match the old (and still in use!) idents which were based on the channel's then-current second logo.
The More4 logo has had the green text on the Sky EPG for quite a while.

More4 has been green since those logos launched a few years ago.

I do wonder if the incoming Channel 4 branding is going to result in more new logos for the sister channels too, or a unified ident/style across them all? Like ITV's but (hopefully) better.

Point is, it doesn't match how it looks on air.

Don't they all need updating because they thickened the blocks back to their original dimensions? The current channel logos have a 4 made of thinner blocks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Spencer
Thread Closed