Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(23-10-2022, 08:39 PM)g1ngerj0sh Wrote:  
(23-10-2022, 03:33 PM)TODAY Wrote:  Apparently the sound issues during The Inbetweeners movie only affected Channel 4 HD. It was strangely captivating to watch and brought a new appreciation for sound design!

Is there any recording of it?

twitter.com 

When we do get a peek at something with only the music & effects track, it makes you realise just how much of what you hear on TV and film isn't "real" and wasn't there during filming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Si-Co

Is it just me but I think Channel 4 needs a new set of idents. I like the current lot but there are not many idents to pick from compared to older idents on the channel or over on BBC2 or ITV.

Also the idents are now 5 years old.
[-] The following 4 users Like TimGoodwin's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, ConorM98, KyleToons

(29-10-2022, 12:47 PM)TimGoodwin Wrote:  Is it just me but I think Channel 4 needs a new set of idents. I like the current lot but there are not many idents to pick from compared to older idents on the channel or over on BBC2 or ITV.

Also the idents are now 5 years old.

Is it really 5 years since we got to meet the Channel 4 stick man?
Well, they could do with a revolutionary new look, but they've done everything with their logo. They put it in a circle, they put it in a square, they let it become 3D again and then they break it apart.
What's next, make the logo flat again?

Five years is nothing in Channel 4 presentation terms, let's be honest. I am getting pretty tired of hearing "pass it up 'ere", though. With any luck, we'll see a signal of a rebrand on the horizon through a Core4 survey like we did last time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • DeMarkay, Stuart, Underscore_

It’s definitely about time - for a channel as vibrant and diverse as it is, a handful of fatigued idents isn’t really representing it very well to me. (as much as I like the block man.) I think the rest of the graphics are still acceptable though.

I usually don’t recommend going backwards but I keep looking back at the ‘04 era of idents and I genuinely think a new era loosely based around them would work really well - there’s still so much that can be done to evolve it.
[-] The following 3 users Like orange's post:
  • ConorM98, DeMarkay, Underscore_

(29-10-2022, 08:23 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Five years is nothing in Channel 4 presentation terms, let's be honest.

You ain't wrong: the previous 'optical illusion' era from 2004 lasted for almost 11 years, and the original 'blocks' era from 1982 lasted nearly 14 years (although the original Fourscore jingle was replaced by the early 90's one around the 10th anniversary in 1992, I think.)

The 2015 'separated blocks' and 2017 'Giant' eras combined have only lasted for 7 years now. They might introduce a few new Giant idents for the 40th anniversary on the 2nd, but other than that we likely won't be seeing an entire refresh for a few more years. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

(also yes this is my first post, hello everyone)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Underscore_'s post:
  • Roger Darthwell

The Channel 4's Fourscore jingle was actually replaced by a new fanfare on 2nd November 1992 which according to Audiovisual Identity Database (formerly CLG Wiki) is based on the original one and would feature various reprises of the same basic tune, usually accompanied by four chimes and also featuring a loud gong at the end.
[-] The following 2 users Like Michael Kenchington's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Underscore_

(31-10-2022, 04:55 PM)Michael Kenchington Wrote:  The Channel 4's Fourscore jingle was actually replaced by a new fanfare on 2nd November 1992

Yeah, that fanfare was the 'early 90's' jingle I was talking about. Is there an actual name for that 1992 fanfare, or is it just un-named?

Something just came to mind... If they dropped Fourscore in the early 90s to avoid having to pay royalties, does the current rendition count as a "cover" that they can use without having to pay every time it's broadcast?
[-] The following 2 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Underscore_
Thread Closed