Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

If E4 is rebranding, than so too must E4Extra. That'd be two renames in as many years, as it only recently changed from 4Music.

I can't think what they could change them TO though. It won't be Channel 4 2, 3, 4 and 5!

Also, if all the others change (presumably to 4 something instead of something 4, so they can prefix the names with Channel), Film4 will be out of place.
[-] The following 4 users Like JAS84's post:
  • benzj, bkman1990, Ma76, Underscore_

Channel 4's DOG has been tweaked and the font is different for 'HD'

What is exactly happening with those other channels is unclear, the press release only says "Channel 4’s entire portfolio of channels will also align with the ‘Channel 4’ brand."

The streaming service changing name makes sense, as over time it'll become the main way to access the channel for more people and as their head of marketing says, "In a future world, we don’t want to be known as All4. The brand we want to be known for is Channel 4."

Also, on those idents:

Quote:New idents have been commissioned as part of the brand transformation. Working in collaboration with a number of British artists and filmmakers, Channel 4’s award-winning 4creative will seek to represent the UK, its culture and mentality to present an unexpected and daring portrait of Britain retold.
[-] The following 2 users Like Transmission's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76

Just to mention the size of the HD identifier on the dog. It changed to it's much larger size at 6am today.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

(02-11-2022, 01:15 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  New idents next year as All4 to be renamed 'Channel 4'! new names also for E4, More4 and 4seven....

https://deadline.com/2022/11/channel-4-all-4-rebrand-married-at-first-sight-great-british-bake-off-1235161011/
Well, I guess that's better than renaming it to 4+ or something like that...

Does that mean the Channel 4.0 brand is the forerunner to the initiative? It still keeps a main Channel 4 brand while being totally seperate on its output audience compared to, say, T4.

But nonetheless, I hope they still retain the branding system from 2018, or something similar - one of the most coherent tie-ins with the main C4 IMO.

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

The Channel 4 press release in full

www.channel4.com 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • Ma76

(02-11-2022, 01:18 PM)strollfan Wrote:  
(02-11-2022, 01:15 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:  New idents next year as All4 to be renamed 'Channel 4'! new names also for E4, More4 and 4seven....

https://deadline.com/2022/11/channel-4-all-4-rebrand-married-at-first-sight-great-british-bake-off-1235161011/
I can somewhat understand wanting to merge your linear and digital brands - but killing the E4 brand seems baffling to me, it is a strong brand with a strong history at this point. 

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing Channel 4E

Seems a little silly to axe the E4 brand but I think it's strongly clear the brand isn't the same as it was back then, ironically being built off the backbone of the growing internet.

God knows how you create a new brand off of MAFS and all those other reality shows. A "4Be", if you will.
[-] The following 4 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • benzj, bkman1990, Ma76, Roger Darthwell

(02-11-2022, 01:44 PM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  Seems a little silly to axe the E4 brand but I think it's strongly clear the brand isn't the same as it was back then, ironically being built off the backbone of the growing internet.

God knows how you create a new brand off of MAFS and all those other reality shows. A "4Be", if you will.

I guess you could do some tacky word play if you call it 4 Reality or something on that note.

Maybe, following on from Channel 4.0...that E4 will become Channel 4.1, More4 to Channel 4.2 and so on...

No? Well with Channel 4 you truly never know
[-] The following 2 users Like tomo359's post:
  • KyleToons, Ma76
Thread Closed