Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

Absolutely baffling to hear All 4 will be rebranded as Channel 4 next year. This will no doubt create confusion for many. They would have been better off renaming All 4 as "Channel 4 Player". Then there won't be any confusion at all.

Also interesting that the linear channels will get new names as well. Quite weird that E4 Extra will be renamed despite only being on air since June - the E4 Extra name will as a result won't last a full 12 months.

I'm hard pressed to say that the E4 brand has the same value as it once did. Not only do I still think it was a terrible idea to abandon the original logo (I almost liken it to MTV, not only in longevity but the way it was used so flexibly in its presentation) but it just feels like another ITV2/BBC Three clone nowadays.

I know what you're going to say. E4 is chasing the same demographic as the other two channels, yes. But until recently, it felt like E4 did it in its own style. It was unapologetically quirky in a similar way that Dave still is. But even their "sliding side-to-side" endboards after the big rebrand almost looked like a direct copy of those "snapping back" ones used by ITV2. And even the programming just feels very ITV2 as well. Whether that's a result of me entering my 30s and not seeing the appeal in these shows anymore, I'm not quite so sure. But if you were to ask me what channel aired Celebs Go Dating ten years ago, E4 certainly wouldn't have been my first guess.

Oh, and happy birthday, Channel 4.

Quote:
(02-11-2022, 01:54 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  Maybe, following on from Channel 4.0...that E4 will become Channel 4.1, More4 to Channel 4.2 and so on...

No? Well with Channel 4 you truly never know

That's dangerously close to Tumble Tower territory and you know it!
[-] The following 4 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Josh, Ma76, orange, TVFan

Channel 4 have introduced new break-bumpers.

A snapshot of one:
[Image: vlcsnap-2022-11-02-13h21m50s152.png]

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'
[-] The following 3 users Like BlueFrog's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Underscore_

(02-11-2022, 02:23 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Channel 4 have introduced new break-bumpers.

A snapshot of one:

Question is, how do they animate?

Has anyone else spotted the break bumpers on 4?

(02-11-2022, 02:39 PM)Lyric Wrote:  
(02-11-2022, 02:23 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  Channel 4 have introduced new break-bumpers.

A snapshot of one:

Question is, how do they animate?

Sort of like a box really.
youtu.be  (don't know if this embeds but here's the snapshot in motion. there's various different coloured variants too)

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'

Doesn’t look anything like the blocks animations of recent years, or particularly birthday related so maybe a new look about to appear? Paul Coia is doing the intro to Countdown next.

The regular ident was used before Steph’s show.

It also comes in from the left and right.

Quite a interesting way to animate a channel logo during a break bumper.

Just had another where the logo zooms out:

[Image: channel4-2022-11-02_13h48_56.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Underscore_
Thread Closed