Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(05-01-2023, 08:59 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  
(05-01-2023, 08:31 PM)JasonB Wrote:  Are the 2017 idents going to be phased out anytime soon?

No, I have not heard anything to suggest that is happening. Their ident package is very good as it is, I am sure there are a few more years left in them. 

But with Channel 4 now aiming at bringing everything under the Channel 4 name, who knows what they will do

New idents have been commissioned, it was mentioned in the press release back in November.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jake's post:
  • DeMarkay, Superman1986, thomash79

Has anyone learnt what the deal is with the one new ident they’ve introduced, where the 4 logo moves through different coloured backgrounds? It was such a random addition, not fitting with anything else they’ve kept around.
[-] The following 2 users Like gav's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Lester

I would factor a guess that it is showing the new colours for the Channel 4-branded channels in the future maybe?

(05-01-2023, 10:28 PM)gav Wrote:  Has anyone learnt what the deal is with the one new ident they’ve introduced, where the 4 logo moves through different coloured backgrounds? It was such a random addition, not fitting with anything else they’ve kept around.

For what it's worth, I know the ident is named "Colourway". As for the reason for it, I suppose it has introduced the redrawn logo and perhaps the idea (with the upcoming changes in mind) is to put the logo front-and-centre again after nearly 20 years of the logo either being shown briefly or not at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like Transmission's post:
  • fanoftv, insert_good_username_here

Noticed this morning that the Yakult breakfast sponsorship has ended today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JasonB's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(06-01-2023, 01:12 AM)Transmission Wrote:  
(05-01-2023, 10:28 PM)gav Wrote:  Has anyone learnt what the deal is with the one new ident they’ve introduced, where the 4 logo moves through different coloured backgrounds? It was such a random addition, not fitting with anything else they’ve kept around.

For what it's worth, I know the ident is named "Colourway". As for the reason for it, I suppose it has introduced the redrawn logo and perhaps the idea (with the upcoming changes in mind) is to put the logo front-and-centre again after nearly 20 years of the logo either being shown briefly or not at all.

I guess they'll introduce a matching trailer design when the other new idents launch a few months from now.

Interesting that the winner's plaque on Four in A Bed still has the old Channel 4 logo in episodes from 2020. Must have a large backlog of plaques.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

Can't really imagine a cheap plaque for a daytime show is a big priority to get changed to be honest. Like you said they'll probably have a load of them made up and just using them up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tomo359's post:
  • Josh

Channel 4 has an old logo? Excuse my ignorance but hasn’t it always been the same?

(08-01-2023, 11:35 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Channel 4 has an old logo? Excuse my ignorance but hasn’t it always been the same?

No, it was changed out for a slimmer design in 2015, which is now being phased out this year.

logos.fandom.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • Roger Darthwell
Thread Closed