Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

(08-01-2023, 11:41 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  
(08-01-2023, 11:35 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Channel 4 has an old logo? Excuse my ignorance but hasn’t it always been the same?

No, it was changed out for a slimmer design in 2015, which is now being phased out this year.

logos.fandom.com 

And how many people do you think recognise this?
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Stooky Bill

(08-01-2023, 12:35 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(08-01-2023, 11:41 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  No, it was changed out for a slimmer design in 2015, which is now being phased out this year.

logos.fandom.com 

And how many people do you think recognise this?

Don’t ask me. Ask Channel 4.
[-] The following 6 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • Fac831, Josh, orange, Roger Darthwell, thomash79, TVFan

I've noticed a few times recently there's a glitch just before Channel 4 goes into an ad break and the sound cuts out momentarily. First spotted this on something I watched in the last few days that was recorded over Christmas, then again when watching live last night, so it's not just a one-off.

This has been happening for years on Channel 4. They aren't bothered about fixing it.

That sounds like the switching between Dolby Digital surround sound and stereo?

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

Channel 4 have pulled tonight’s premiere of the film Infinite (which has been advertised all week) due to “technical difficulties”, it has been replaced by Star Trek.
[-] The following 2 users Like TVFan's post:
  • bilky asko, thomash79

(21-01-2023, 10:01 PM)TVFan Wrote:  Channel 4 have pulled tonight’s premiere of the film Infinite (which has been advertised all week) due to “technical difficulties”, it has been replaced by Star Trek.
They are showing the edited version as well since the "farmyard animals" line is missing .

That line was in the version shown in the same timeslot a few weeks ago
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gallunach's post:
  • thomash79

What technical problems can cause a channel to pull a film? Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s movies on TV were aired from proper film reels, but this is 2023, all digital now, and surely back up to ensure this could not happen?

I've seen people joke on Twitter that they were torrenting it and couldn't finish the download in time, but... I can't really think of a more plausible reason for a film to be pulled!

(To those with no sense of humour, I know Channel 4 aren't really torrenting their movies)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • CocuGrimshaw2001

(21-01-2023, 11:48 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  What technical problems can cause a channel to pull a film?  Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s movies on TV were aired from proper film reels, but this is 2023, all digital now, and surely back up to ensure this could not happen?

I've been thinking about this too... Everything is played out from file now, right? Maybe there was some kind of corruption or QC issue on the file that Channel 4 had? Whatever happened, I'd love to know.
Thread Closed