Thread Closed

Channel 4 Pres: 2017 - Present

I'm not bothered either way about reviving T4, but I don't really see the argument about the brand meaning nothing to its would-be target audience. You could argue nobody who CBBC targets cares about the legacy of the CBBC brand, but that doesn't mean it should be replaced with something fresh.
[-] The following 2 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Ma76, Roger Darthwell

I'm not sure that's a valid comparison between reviving a brand and abandoning a current one.

Since CH4 birthday programmes start tomorrow with Ben Elton and Co at 9pm does anyone think we might get some special presentation?

(19-10-2022, 10:03 PM)gottago Wrote:  They've Googled 'Channel 4 logo' and used the 1982 one, haven't they?
Though its less obvious than the BBC old logo. You can only really tell if you look closely.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Channel 4 have been playing the inbetweeners movie with no dialogue, just sound effects for around 40 minutes now.

(23-10-2022, 12:16 AM)radiorebel Wrote:  Channel 4 have been playing the inbetweeners movie with no dialogue, just sound effects for around 40 minutes now.

It’s fine on Freeview now, but there’s still no dialogue on Sky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVNerd's post:
  • radiorebel

Apparently the sound issues during The Inbetweeners movie only affected Channel 4 HD. It was strangely captivating to watch and brought a new appreciation for sound design!
[-] The following 3 users Like TODAY's post:
  • Andrew Wood, Roger Darthwell, W1ll

(23-10-2022, 03:33 PM)TODAY Wrote:  Apparently the sound issues during The Inbetweeners movie only affected Channel 4 HD. It was strangely captivating to watch and brought a new appreciation for sound design!

Is there any recording of it?

If it was on the HD version only the issue was presumably connected to surround sound. Sounds like somehow they were missing one or more of the 5.1 channels or mixing them down incorrectly into stereo

Or put out the music & effects track by accident.
Thread Closed